Adirondack backpacking trip (12/27-12/29)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngblood

Reaction score
I'd like to get out for a 3 day/3 night trip in the Adirondacks hiking some of the 4000 foot peaks. I would like to get up there (I live in Littleton, NH) sometime on the evening of the 26th and spend 3 full days hiking. I've already done Marcy, Mt. Redfield, Algonquin, Big Slide, Yard Mtn, and all the peaks on the Ridge trail (saddleback, basis, Wolf jaw, etc.......) I'm looking for people to join me, as well as ideas for loops to work on some of the other peaks. I'd like it to be a challenging trip (up to 12 miles per day) and if possible, utilizing shelters along the way. Any ideas on where to park, trails to take, shelters to stay at, etc... would be very helpful and ideally find 4-6 gung ho folks who want a fun-filled, challenging trip in the Daks. I have no interest in doing a trip like this solo in the winter. Happy trails!!!

Youngblood

Is anyone out there!!!

I guess I will have to post a reply to my own message.... I guess this trip is too close to the holiday season? Would anyone be interested in doing a trip like this in Jan. or Feb??

Youngblood

hey man can't make it on this trip, but you might want to consider going into flowed lands and setting up a base camp especially with this next storm coming up. we should have a pretty good base of snow by the time you want to get out.. that means the going may be pretty tough..

flowed lands can provide a great base camp with a ton of options
from flowed lands you can come in from the south at Upper Works on RTE. 25.. from there you've got
saddleback,
cliff,
redfield,
gray,
colden,
marshall,
algonquin,
marcy,

plus having a base camp from here should provide you with at least some use of the trails from recent storms(packed anyway) this early in the season can get you bogged down pretty good especially with pack..

good luck,

you can also get a pretty good ski in if you want!!!