MSR Snowshoe question....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blownaway

Reaction score
Seeing the MSR threads reminded me of a problem I have with a pair of snowshoes.

I the Denali Ascents. The heel lift on one shoe keeps collapsing. Stays up for 10 yards or so on steep terrain then falls down...irkes me just a bit to keep it polite here.

This original problem occured two Winters ago and Ive just been to lazy/or busy to send them back to MSR. I called MSR and they said to send in the shoes and they would look at them...got the usual "never heard that problem before."

Bought a pair of Evo Acsents last fall and noticed this problem only occured one time during the 2 Winter overnighters I performed.

Just wandering if anyone else has come across this problem....Probably too late for me to do anything about it now.....

I do agee however, that MSR has great customer service...and they would make everything right if I persued the matter...just curious if it is a recurrent problem.

Thanks,

RR

Last edited:
I haven't come across that problem yet with my Evo's. If anything I always have a bit of trouble trying to put the lift down with my poles.

It kind of clicks and "locks" into place. Maybe go back to the store and see if all the Evo's do the same thing.

-Shayne

Last edited:
I've never had this problem, but I haven't used my heel lifts that much.

Mount your boots in the snowshoes and take a look to see if there is anthing about how the boot sole meets the lift than would tend to collapse/lower the lift.

Doug

DougPaul said:
I've never had this problem, but I haven't used my heel lifts that much.

Mount your boots in the snowshoes and take a look to see if there is anthing about how the boot sole meets the lift than would tend to collapse/lower the lift.

Doug

On my pair at least, you can adjust the riser to 3 different positions. This might help...

I guess it was 2 winters ago that that happened on my Ascents. I really abused them on rocky terrain so I felt kinda bad about returning them. But shoot...they were less than a year old at the time.

I liked the looks of the Evos and bought them the following Winter. Just never got around to sending the Ascents back. Probably due to not finding a big enough box, and then paying for shipping, and the fear of them sending the shoes back and say nothings wrong.

I tried different boots and they still collapsed....Snapped into place nice and tight but just wouldn't stay there.

Last edited: