Camelbak probs.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp2000

Reaction score
Howdy!

Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to seal my camelbak up. It leaks even when it is closed tight.

Thanks.

2 part epoxy fixed where my (not a camelbak) bladder was leaking at the tube connection between the bladder and tube. A shmear of 2 part epoxy and a patch would probably seal a leak in the bladder itself.

Last edited:
Similar to what Timmus said... mine leaks from the cap if it's dry. Moistening the o-ring for 10-15 minutes before filling it should fix the problem. Once it's moist, I don't have problems when refilling the bladder on the trail.

It leaks from the cap. I tried putting water on the seal in the past and it didnt work. I use it about 5-6 times a week so it doesnt have much time to dry out.
I just said the heck with it and bought a new bladder on yesterday. :(

Hmmm...I may check out the OR......I have a couple of Camelbacks....and have had trouble with leaking from the cap as well....after I fill it and tighten up the cap, I squeeze the bladder to make sure there is no leaking....an hour into the trail I'm think "hmmm, what's that cold dripping feeling down my back and butt???" :eek:

I've had Camelbacks and Platypus and they've both worked well for me but I don't use them 5-6 times a week. The two sources of leaks I've had were not sealing the zip-lock well enough, and falling on my back while skiing at MRG. That last one was impressive, with water draining out the sleeves of my jacket in the middle of a run. :(

-dave-

My problem with the camelback screw top is that it is next to impossible to break the seal to remove the cap. Is it possible that you have cross threaded the cap so it does not seal perfectly? I used to have issues with the zip tops and getting debris in the guide. Then I would force it closed and do permanent damage to the seal. I could see the samething easily occuring with the screw top. Of course I am more prone to operator error than most.

My Hydrapak bladder has worked real well. I use the Hydrapak bladder in my camelbak all the time because (someone said it) Camelbak bladders suck.

Hey CP2000, nice picture from the cookoo's nest. HAHAHA