Pack Monadnock camping

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if camping is permitted between North and South Pack Monadnock?I'm thinking it would be a good winter backpack for my scouts. If it's not okay, I'm open for any other suggestions. Thanks!

My guess is probably not... landowners (from S to N) are, I believe, State of NH (Miller State Park), Nature Conservancy, and US Govt (Fish & Wildlife) for the national wildlife refuge around North Pack Mtn. Latter two extremely doubtful would allow camping. You could check with the state parks for Miller SP.

The only legal camping on the Wapack(including N.& S. Pack) is at Windblown CC ski area. Shelter fees are charged. I used to camp near the summit of N. Pack with my kids until it was included into a Wildlife refuge and camping became illegal. Local police patrol the auto road and summit of S.pack in the summer. I may have caught a few zzzzz's on the old fire tower platform on S. Pack before it became an active watch tower a few years ago. The Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway has campsites/shelters along its path, but no open campfires are allowed. Monadnock state park campground is open in winter and allows camp fires. Hope that helps!