Great deal on Mountaineering boots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJH

Reaction score
Heads up to VFTT members looking for a decent pair of mountaineering boots. I purchased a pair of Salomon Pro Thermic double leather mountaineering boots from Sierra Trading Post for 150.00. ( I'm wearing them right now and they are very nice ) They retail for around 430.00.
I already have a pair of Salomon Sm Lites which I love so I was elated to see these boots for such a low cost. I have been looking for a double boot for overnights in the Whites for sometime now. I have found that Salomon boots fit wider feet well.

According to the reviews, I could probably climb Mt. Everest with them. They might be overkill, but they're comfortable and I'm sure they will work for me. I ordered an 11 and an 11.5 to make sure I got the right fit. I sent back the 11.5 but as of right now there are no 11.5's in stock according to the website.
www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.66603/dept_id./qx/product.htm-84k-

Tim

Last edited:
I would say they would be best for medium to wide feet. I have tried on Koflach's before, and they just seemed a bit to snug along the sides of my feet if that helps you any. Tim