re Colorado hiking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sikes

Reaction score
I just found out that my brother is moving to Colorado. :D Is there a site like this that gives information on the mountains out there. I have the Colorado 14er book but that's as far as it goes.

You don't mention where in Colorado your brother is moving too, and all of it would be very nice. But if you want to pick one place I would start with the Weminuche wilderness in the southern part. Just about as beautiful as it gets: blue sky, towering mountains, alpine lakes. You may be gasping for breath at the elevation, and be careful to get off the summits and ridges in the afternoon, before the thunderstorms roll in. Enjoy.

Co

I know the 14ers in Co pretty good, Ive done 30 or so, feel free to pm me for any info, even the ones I havent done I am very familiar with route wise. As far as guides go, make sure you use Gerry Roaches " guide to the fourteeners" imo thats the best for the 14ers.

P.S. Its a mistake to ignore the 13ers, Roache also has a guide to those, I would have alot more 14ers done myself but I also do 13ers, I mean why ignore them for a few feet. Some of the 13ers are way less crowded and are spectacular.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info! Now I just have to hide this thread from my husband. He probably thinks he's safe because I can't easily drive there and back in a weekend!!! :D