Trail Conditions Abuse - Warning

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Reaction score
Please pass the word. If the moderators of VFTT locate people who are abusing the Trail Conditions by posting insulting or inflammatory messages, they're going to be sent to their rooms, permanently. The Internet Service Providers of those posting insulting and malicious messages will be notified.

Also, the Trail Conditions section of the Board is not a lost and found, a place to locate someone, or a chat room to leave messages. Those doing so are creating work to delete them, and encouraging others to imitate. If its a legitimate post that belongs on VFTT, post it on one of the boards. Please don't put it in the Trail Conditions simply because you either don't know where else to do it, or because it isn't a valid posting on the board.
Your cooperation is appreciated.

sorry peak bagger i just read this post AFTER posting a reply to the jerk berating pinpin...

sorry for my decision as i know that area is NOT for such postings... i felt that the immature behavior needs to end but i know that was not the place..

please delete my post and the others as quick as possible...

regards,
darrel

I am glad to hear that the trail conditions are being moderated. I haven't been to this site in a bit, and popped in to check on trail conditions. I found it very disappointing to have to rummage through personal drama to get the information I needed. I am not sure if this a new phenomena or has been ongoing for quite some time. Either way, it hurts the reliabilty of this site if it is not kept in check. I hope all non-trail condition posts will be removed.

Gee, you think 'adirondackanomaly' would be smart enough not to post from a NYS state computer when he tells people who complain about postholers to go back to Jersey. I'm sure Mr. Curran would not be happy to know that his network is being used for such nonsense.

---------------------

OrgName: NYS OFFICE OF REAL PROPERTY SVCS
OrgID: NORPS
Address: 16 SHERIDAN AVE.
City: ALBANY
StateProv: NY
PostalCode: 12201

NetRange: 12.107.137.128 - 12.107.137.255
CIDR: 12.107.137.128/25
NetName: NYS-OFFI54-137-128
NetHandle: NET-12-107-137-128-1
Parent: NET-12-0-0-0-1
NetType: Reassigned
Comment:
RegDate: 2002-02-21
Updated: 2002-02-21

RTechHandle: MC1784-ARIN
RTechName: Curran, Mark
RTechPhone: +1-518-473-0807
RTechEmail: [email protected]

OrgTechHandle: MC1784-ARIN
OrgTechName: Curran, Mark
OrgTechPhone: +1-518-473-0807
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]

-------------------

The trail condition section of this site is NOT a chat room. It is for posting trail conditions only. It is not a place for discussions and certainly not a place to post idiotic rants.

Trail condition posts are IP and time stamped and it is pretty simple to look up the IP address and find out where it came from. It is also pretty easy to cross reference it with the member list here.

- darren

And those with any memory at all will undoubtedly remember...... And know exactly who it is. It so figures :rolleyes: .

I only noticed this sudden flurry of Lost and Found posts and drama starting recently, so I don't think it's a regular occurence around here, but thanks for posting about it just as a general shout out.

Thanks mods!! :D