VFFT for (temporary) non-hikers

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jn316

Reaction score
When I first discovered VFFT years ago, its main value was the information it provided, especially in winter, for the hikes I planned to do that week. And it provided important info for planning future hikes.
But now I've found VFFT to be of even more value when I can't hike. There are times when life keeps us off the peaks: illness, family illness, work, etc. And I've found that reading the reports of other hikers allows me still be on the peaks, even if through another hiker's words.
Thanks.

That's VfTT, BTW :)

Double edged sword there, VfTT can help you satisfy the hiking urge, but makes you really want to get out there when at times, perhaps you can't. Lets just hope that the times you can are more than the times you can't!

The trip report section is always a good way to daydream at work.. ;)

Jay

VFTT, not vfft

sorry, i'm still learning the alphabet...some letters look very much alike!

avk4316 said:
There are times when life keeps us off the peaks: illness, ......

avk4316 said:
........ reading the reports of other hikers allows me still be on the peaks ......

I can relate to this, ......unfortunately. An injury that originally seemed "not too bad" has now prevented me from doing any hiking for a couple months. Long-term diagnosis is encouraging, but for now I have to be satisfied living vicariously through other's trip reports. Thanks to everyone posting trip reports and photos ...... I enjoy every one. :)

Yes, very true..when I first found VFTT it was a very big recovery year for me and I learned tons of information from all the people here.
This season is also a recovery year (but not as intense) and it's easy to envision what's going on in the Mnts and the trails from the various reports that keep coming in.

Ditto that avk4316

Working six days a week leaves me with little ambition other then resting on my day off. But I do enjoy reading about other peoples experiences and putting out a comment or two.

I have freguently recommended this site to newbies that wish to do some hiking. For the NE this is one of the best web sights out there.

I fall into the I'm not hiking I don't post much camp. It's also been the longest break I've had from backpacking since I first started it's been a major pain.

I think the knee is finally in shape to hit a trail again but the car is still on the mend. sigh... soon, soon.