Epoch (ski movie) brief review

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencer

Reaction score
Maine Avatar: We could use some snow around here
So, I got an unexpected package in the mail two days ago. A good friend sent me a DVD of Epoch by Meathead Films.

It kicks arse!

I expected a Warren Miller-like type of movie with indulgent tele turns but it turned out to be a whole lot more... They did a great job of giving the history of all peaks they skied (Greylock, Marcy, Washington, Mansfield and Baxter), included some 3D visualizations of topo maps, and shot some great skiing footage. If you've read Forest and Crag you'll already know most of the info, but Epoch put it all in a unique context.

I had an outside chance of going on their Baxter "expedition" but regrettably didn't express much interest when I was asked. Despite the rain and snowless Togue Pond Rd show in the video, I wish I had been there!

Many thanks to my friend who sent it to me!

spencer

I second this

By chance I got to see it and it's really an excellent film, especially for us here in the NE. It was also a nice surprise to see Jon Tierney during the Katahdin section - I was just in Ecuador with him and his school.

This film really hits home, especially if you've been to all of the top 5 in the East.

To anyone who has not seen this film, it will definitely not disappoint! The historical footage is informative and cool! I expected to see a movie - I got a different slice of Northeastern Skiing history. The "extras" are as good as the film itself.

Get this DVD!