Major Nor-easter for New England

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm here sitting in a lift shack at Loon Mtn. in Lincoln and it just started snowing lightly about 30 minutes ago with no accumulations to speak of as of yet. Hopefully that will change.

hikerfast said:
bout a half inch in concord nh..snow coming down sideways...kinda like pollen. a few days straight of this and we might get a few inches of snow

Thats unreal. We have over 7 inches in Chester. That is a sharp cutoff line!

grouseking

Moose Hillock

The snow started here in Warren/Wentworth (Moose Hillock) at 0915 and it is very light Now at 1100 it is still just now showing some accumulation. I expect only about two inches or so when it is over. Bummer :mad:

I just got in from the first round of snow-blowering and shoveling.
There's at least 15", drifts to 30", 21 degrees and still snowing HARD.
Weather Channel has changed our forecast to 18" - 24" and I think we'll get more than that.

About a foot of snow here in northwest NJ, about 10 minutes from the Delaware Water Gap. Wish it were more. 17 inches reported at Newark airport. But we'll take whatever we get ....... and hope for more soon. Unfortunately, the Weather Channel is saying 50 degree temps returning in a few days. :(

Maybe 4"-5" here in Lyman, ME so far. We're not supposed to get the worst of it until this afternoon.

Got about a foot of snow here in Malden, MA... but have been really enjoying the constant news coverage. For those who haven't had the chance of enjoying Boston news during any snowstorm exceeding 6" in depth, I share my best approximation.

-----------
WXS Special BLIZZARD 2006 Report
(cut to Blizzard 2006 graphic)

ANNOUNCER: You're watching a WXS weather team special report, giving you the latest news to KEEP YOU ALIVE during the devastating wrath! Now we go live with your hosts Natalie Attired and Hugh Jennix.

NAT: Thank you and good day. Hugh isn't with us today. He hasn't arrived at the station and we can only assume the worst. Today's top story, snow and lots of it. As our crack team of WXS meaty urologists predicted, the full measure of mother nature's fury has been unleased upon the east coast. We go live to our live news reporter I.C. Cheeks... I.C. can you hear me?

IC: Yes, Natalie, just barely. I am out here on location in Marblehead, Massachusetts. As you can see, there is SNOW falling here. There is snow on the ground, and, as Bob Dylan might say, it's 'blowin in the wind'. It appears to be falling from the sky... and generally in the direction of the ground where it is being collected into drifts. My hands are very cold, and standing around outside really isn't a great idea.

NAT: Any word on the tides?

IC: Yes Natalie, it is just past high tide and since I'm standing by the seawall my ankles and feet are getting very wet AND cold. Possibly a combination of snow and sea water. If there were another 30 feet of storm swell, this could be just like Katrina.

NAT: Sobering news indeed, IC. We are inviting everyone to log onto our website and select their entry for first blizzard related fatality, if it happens in the city you picked you can win a WXS News team mug! We now turn to our WXS Super Traffic Team reporter, Lou Gubrius. How are the roads looking today, Lou?

Lou: Oh the humanity! The road conditions are a disaster of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. The director of public safety has asked that you avoid any unnecessary travel.. you know - those one-way nonstop round-trip journeys we all like to undertake during bad weather. At this time they would like only emergency vehicles and news vans on the road until the DPW uses up their remaining snow removal budget. Conditions on I-93 are relativ..

NAT: Sorry to interrupt, Lou... but we've got breaking news from our action news team correspondant Ann Flamatory.

FLASHING NEWS ALERT LOGO.

ANN: Natalie, it does not look good here in downtown Boston. There is snow everywhere. On cars, sidewalks, and streets. Just moments ago, I saw a brave soul walking outside. I asked what he was doing and he said he was "going to get the paper". It really puts a human face on the tragedy.

NAT: Any worries about looting?

ANN: That's the question on everyone's mind. Here outside this closed department store things may SEEM fine, but could erupt into violence at any moment.

NAT: And that's without even taking terrorism into consideration...

ANN: Exactly, Natalie. The Department of Homeland Security has kept the security alert level at yellow. This elevated threat, coupled with the slower expected response times has made us an ideal target for al queda.

NAT: Thank you Ann, for that informative report. We'll be back right after this commercial break with our special segment "Getting right with God", followed by our own WXS Galloping Gourmet, Abby Currian's guide to cannibalism "Emergency banquets - how can I be sure I'm getting the tastiest parts?"

{Commercial break}

your right Russ..its amazing when you think about it. I had never seen snow before today. Here in concord nh..we are almost pushing 3/4 of an inch. I wonder how many people will die as a result of this? Maybe will have an inch by tomorrow morning. The food stores should be open by next month.

McRat said:
Got about a foot of snow here in Malden, MA... but have been really enjoying the constant news coverage. For those who haven't had the chance of enjoying Boston news during any snowstorm exceeding 6" in depth, I share my best approximation.

-----------
WXS Special BLIZZARD 2006 Report
(cut to Blizzard 2006 graphic)

ANNOUNCER: You're watching a WXS weather team special report, giving you the latest news to KEEP YOU ALIVE during the devastating wrath! Now we go live with your hosts Natalie Attired and Hugh Jennix.

NAT: Thank you and good day. Hugh isn't with us today. He hasn't arrived at the station and we can only assume the worst. Today's top story, snow and lots of it. As our crack team of WXS meaty urologists predicted, the full measure of mother nature's fury has been unleased upon the east coast. We go live to our live news reporter I.C. Cheeks... I.C. can you hear me?

IC: Yes, Natalie, just barely. I am out here on location in Marblehead, Massachusetts. As you can see, there is SNOW falling here. There is snow on the ground, and, as Bob Dylan might say, it's 'blowin in the wind'. It appears to be falling from the sky... and generally in the direction of the ground where it is being collected into drifts. My hands are very cold, and standing around outside really isn't a great idea.

NAT: Any word on the tides?

IC: Yes Natalie, it is just past high tide and since I'm standing by the seawall my ankles and feet are getting very wet AND cold. Possibly a combination of snow and sea water. If there were another 30 feet of storm swell, this could be just like Katrina.

NAT: Sobering news indeed, IC. We are inviting everyone to log onto our website and select their entry for first blizzard related fatality, if it happens in the city you picked you can win a WXS News team mug! We now turn to our WXS Super Traffic Team reporter, Lou Gubrius. How are the roads looking today, Lou?

Lou: Oh the humanity! The road conditions are a disaster of BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. The director of public safety has asked that you avoid any unnecessary travel.. you know - those one-way nonstop round-trip journeys we all like to undertake during bad weather. At this time they would like only emergency vehicles and news vans on the road until the DPW uses up their remaining snow removal budget. Conditions on I-93 are relativ..

NAT: Sorry to interrupt, Lou... but we've got breaking news from our action news team correspondant Ann Flamatory.

FLASHING NEWS ALERT LOGO.

ANN: Natalie, it does not look good here in downtown Boston. There is snow everywhere. On cars, sidewalks, and streets. Just moments ago, I saw a brave soul walking outside. I asked what he was doing and he said he was "going to get the paper". It really puts a human face on the tragedy.

NAT: Any worries about looting?

ANN: That's the question on everyone's mind. Here outside this closed department store things may SEEM fine, but could erupt into violence at any moment.

NAT: And that's without even taking terrorism into consideration...

ANN: Exactly, Natalie. The Department of Homeland Security has kept the security alert level at yellow. This elevated threat, coupled with the slower expected response times has made us an ideal target for al queda.

NAT: Thank you Ann, for that informative report. We'll be back right after this commercial break with our special segment "Getting right with God", followed by our own WXS Galloping Gourmet, Abby Currian's guide to cannibalism "Emergency banquets - how can I be sure I'm getting the tastiest parts?"

{Commercial break}

{Commercial break off}

NAT: And now we take you to Chic Lital reporting from New York City where we understand they have received nearly two feet of this horrific snow. Chic, what is happening where you are?

Chic: My God Nat, haven't you heard? The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Snow snow and more snow!!! We have gotten about 24+ inches here in western CT and it's just beautiful : )
kmac

Why can't it snow in the Whites where we need it instead of in my walkway?!! :mad: It's no blizzard, but here in Southern NH it's still coming down at a pretty good clip and it's blowing around some. Looks like about 10 inches so far in my estimation. No X-country skiing possible on the Wilderness Trail yesterday, but looks like good conditions here out my door today :p .

Too bad the Whites didn't get much although they'll prob get upslope tonight and tomorrow. Down in Chester, we got 12 inches, so I'm happy. Its no 26.9 inches that they got in NYC, but it'll do!

grouseking

snow

I would guess we got 24" here ... just where I don't want it: : My driveway!

In South Jersey, they teased us with with reports of 12 inches of snow. I opened my gear closet and looked longingly at my cross country skiis. Got my long run in on Saturday (in the RAIN) thinking the snow would be too deep and messy to run in on Sun. At 1am on Sunday, it was still RAINING and the winds were pretty fierce. I was on the boardwalk in Wildwood and practically got blown off the boards. Sometime overnight it did change to snow and we got about 4 inches. Needless to say, the skiis never left the closet. :mad: :(