going light weight

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

post'r boy

Reaction score
something i thought about while hiking the appalachian trail this past summer was that when i carry a powdered drink mix, which can be fairly heavy, if i pour it into my water bottle and make a drink, does it then in turn make my pack lighter, or is the weight transferred into my water bottle? :confused:

when i carry a powdered drink mix, which can be fairly heavy, if i pour it into my water bottle and make a drink, does it then in turn make my pack lighter, or is the weight transferred into my water bottle?
Wow, that's a deep question.
Weight goes from the pack to the water bottle to the stomach and is only gone when expelled as waste.
How's that for breakin' it down?

As far as Pete's question goes, are they african or european chickens? (or is that swallows?)

High School Chemistry

This is a dumb question in my opinion. There is no loss (or gain) of mass in this simple chemical reaction. You are basically taking a closed system of two chemicals and then mixing them together without any gain or loss of substance -- just a form change.

-Dr. Wu

Status
Not open for further replies.