Mt Jefferson - Sat March 4

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Sat we braved the snow and winds to summit Mt Jefferson along with Youngbloodd (aka Charles) and LawnSale (aka Mark) via the Jewell trail. Arriving at the Cog parking lot we found 4 inches of fresh snow. FYI - the cog has changed there hours and the building is not open until 9 AM. We usually arrive at 7:30 and have not had any issues parking in the upper lot - we typicall park far to the left next to a bus that is parked there for the Winter.

Our Mt Jefferson Trip Report has been posted along with our photos on our web page.

great job - this is tough one to get in winter IMO - only one I haven't done in the white stuff (been turned back due to weather everytime)

probably ain't going to happen this year as running out of time - oh well.

I'm jealous -- not only the pix, but especially the videos, make it look like a blast of a hike! It makes me want to really tackle the winter NH4Ks! :eek: :D

good job

Terrific photos and very impressive! Jefferson can be a monster on a nice warm day.

Great pictures and trip report. What camera are you using for those?

Chas.

You two are my hero's..not only do you totally go for it, but your trail info, gps maps, descriptions, pictures and now videos!!!!! are mind boggling..i can't even figure out how to manipulate a picture to make my own avatar...you two should offer hikes for the technology challenged.!! ctsparrow

PS..are you two semi-retired? lottery winners? kids grown? it seems like you out constantly..kudo's to you. ;)

ctsparrow said:
i can't even figure out how to manipulate a picture to make my own avatar...

Send us a photo and we will be glad to re-size it for you.

ctsparrow said:
PS..are you two semi-retired? lottery winners? kids grown? it seems like you out constantly..kudo's to you. ;)

Damm - wouldn't that be nice! No kids, but we both work very demanding jobs - getting out on the weekends is our stress relief :>