Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: WMNF Forest Road Status

I'm happy rt113 is open again and I can continue hiking up there. Beautiful area, Evans Notch.

'Springtime' on the Carters (Tamworth, NH)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosebeware View Post
    Link to road closures...

Though only some are updated...
    I heard the FS was looking for a webmaster, so it's not clear to me how readily the page is updated anymore, so hoping for any 1st hand knowledge. I trust that once it's updated that is accurate, just not sure if it's being updated promptly again yet.
    | 63.8% W48: 19/48
    Trail Adopter of the Guinea Pond Trail

Quote Originally Posted by TJsName View Post
    Anyone know if Rocky Branch Road is open yet? Is that even needed to access the Rocky Branch Trailhead (south, from Jericho Road)?
    I called the Saco Ranger district and they said that it's currently closed, but there is parking at the turnaround by the gate, about 1.5 miles from the trail head.

Quote Originally Posted by TJsName View Post
    I called the Saco Ranger district and they said that it's currently closed, but there is parking at the turnaround by the gate, about 1.5 miles from the trail head.
    Update: The lower gate was open, so we were able to park at the 'new' trail head, before the brand new bridge. Unclear why the gate before the bridges was closed as the road to the original trail head was in good shape.

Is Mt Clinton Road open to Edmands Path trail head? Have seen several trip reports referencing taking the Edmands Path but none specify if they drove to trail head or did a road walk. Anybody been there of late?
    NH 48 4k: 48/48; NH W48k: 48/48; ME 4k: 2/14; VT 4k: 1/5; NY 46: 6/46

It was open two Mondays ago when I hiked Pierce and Eisenhower. Came down Edmands and then the road. Would have spotted a bike if I had known it was open.
    NH 4k's 48/48, NHW 48/48, NE67 67/67, NEHH 100/100, 52WAV, NHHH, Belknap Range Redliner, NH Fire Towers

Quote Originally Posted by KRobi View Post
    It was open two Mondays ago when I hiked Pierce and Eisenhower. Came down Edmands and then the road. Would have spotted a bike if I had known it was open.
    Thanks for the info.
    NH 48 4k: 48/48; NH W48k: 48/48; ME 4k: 2/14; VT 4k: 1/5; NY 46: 6/46

Hurricane Mtn Road was open on Saturday.

Sunday afternoon (5/15/16), the gates at both ends of Gale River Road were open, but Haystack Road was still gated.
    NH 4K's: 48/48, NHW48: 14/48, 52WAV: 15/52, NEHH: 86/100, NE67 (in one year): 67/67
    http://www.mount-monadnock.com
    My Hiking Blog

Tripoli Road is open! (as of today).

Does anyone know if Nash Stream Road in Stark, NH, where the trailheads for both Percys and Sugarloaf (the one in Nash Stream Valley) are located, is open? The AMC Guide 28th Ed., which I have handy, claims that it is almost always closed until Memorial Day. I don't have the latest (29th Ed.) at hand, but am told that it does not repeat those words but its Map still describes the Road as Closed in Winter. This is not a WMNF Road and does not appear on that page. Since I was calling a WMNF Ranger today anyway to ask about a Road that is on that page, I asked if he knew. He didn't, but said he'd wondered the same thing. Looking at Percys and Sugarloaf hike descriptions here and elsewhere, I found none in recent years earlier than Memorial Day, so maybe my Guide is right, although somehow I doubt that. Diligent Googling shed no further light.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyfeet View Post
    Tripoli Road is open! (as of today).
    The whole road?

Thanks.

Yes, the whole road (Tripoli). Asphalt was a bit bumpy on the Waterville Valley end!

[QUOTE=Amicus;432125]Does anyone know if Nash Stream Road in Stark, NH, where the trailheads for both Percys and Sugarloaf (the one in Nash Stream Valley) are located, is open?

NH Division of Forests and Lands reports that the Nash Stream Gate will be opened Friday May 20.
    J&J

Quote Originally Posted by Amicus View Post
    Does anyone know if Nash Stream Road in Stark, NH, where the trailheads for both Percys and Sugarloaf (the one in Nash Stream Valley) are located, is open? The AMC Guide 28th Ed., which I have handy, claims that it is almost always closed until Memorial Day.
    Pure Speculation on my part is that Ride the Wilds ATV network is scheduled to open May 23rd. I believe at least one trail runs through Nash Stream, so that would imply that the Nash Stream Gate would be open by the 23rd? Good luck figuring out who to call in the state government to call.