WMNF Forest Road Status

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jefferson Notch Road, still closed as of 6/17. The NH DOT hopes to have it opne by 4th of July weekend, but they were careful to note, no guarantees.

How about Clinton Road? Any word on that? It is still listed as being closed, but was told people we moving the sign in the road and driving up to Edmunds parking area and not seeing any issues.

Do they need a group of volunteers with chain saws to help out?

Pure speculation is that if asked, they wouldnt allow anyone to help with a chainsaw, on the other hand, they probably wouldnt arrest anyone who did it without permission as long as the fire wood stayed on the scene;)

Clinton is open as far as Edmands, I've been there. Likely open all the way but I can't personally vouch for that.

Clinton Road

I forgot about this thread and posted a new thread but was told by the Crawford Shed of NHDOT both Mt. Clinton and Jefferson Notch open on July 2 and I did drive from Valley Rd to Caps Ridge Trail and JNR was fine..

Bog Dam Road off of York Pond Rd.

The FS announced that Bog Dam Road off of York Pond Road will be closed "as a loop" for 4 to 6 weeks to replace culverts. This is starting the first week in September (no exact date given). Signs will be posted at each entrance telling one the estimated mileage one could drive until having to turn around. I know many folks many not travel this road, but it is a nice area to see wildlife and foliage.

I checked the forest service web site a few moments ago and now it seems roads that were listed as closed are now listed as open. I'm especially interested in the status of the Tripoli Road.

Thanks Mohamed. I'm hoping it will be on Saturday as I have a "through hike" of the East Pond Trail planned.

It looks like Haystack, Gale River, Zealand, Tripoli, and a few other roads will be closing for the season after this weekend. I had hoped they'd hold out until the first major dump.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/white_mountain/conditions/roads_status.php

Does anyone know if the website to find which roads are closed in the White Mountain region has been changed? The link that Darren put in the original 2006 post, as listed again in this November 2010 post, does not seem to work. I have tried this link a few times over the past three days with no success.

Thanks

:confused: Strange ... I just clicked on the link in the first post and got the page.

Do you see any other browser or network problems?

Thanks Mohamed......I copied below the message that I get from the road status website. I have been getting this for a few days and it made me wonder if the web address had been changed.

Forest Service Website Is Currently Unavailable
The Forest Service Web server is currently undergoing routine maintenance or has encountered an unexpected problem. We are working to bring the Web server back online as swiftly as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this downtime may have caused.
Until this site is available again, we encourage you to contact your local Forest Service office for the information you need.

Genuinely weird ... I still get the page even after clearing the browser's cache.

The standard advice when funny things happen in your browser is to clear the cache ... not sure how likely it is to help :confused: :confused:

It is also possible that there is an intermediate cache that you cannot clear.

Doug
Interesting!

I am using Firefox 4 Beta 8, which does have a few bugs (that is why it is Beta :D). Checking with Chrome I also get the "currently unavailable" message.

[Added]Killing and restarting the browser cleared the cache.

Interesting that it never occurred to me that my browser might be the one misbehaving :eek:, even though it is a pre-release version.[/Added]

Last edited: