Next paddling show-ADKs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
Anybody planning on going to the Mountain Man Paddlefest in Old Forge, NY:

http://www.mountainmanoutdoors.com/pages.paddlefest/paddlefest.html

Daxs and I and Warren will be there, oggling kayaks and gear and stuff of that nature....

Any good places to camp near there, I don't know if the NY DEC campgrounds will be open there, it is like one weekend before Memorial Day though... I know in the catskills, North South lake, the biggest one in the catskills usually opens a week before memorial day...

Jay

P.S. the weekend after the ADK Paddlefest is the ADK Polka fest. I'm not kidding!

Last edited:
DEC campgrounds open on May 19. Just in time for the Paddlefest. Hopefully, I will be returning to Cape May with a kayak. I need an activity to give my knees a break from running and to keep me occupied on weekends when I can't hike. I'll be able to toss the boat inthe wter after work too and enjoy evenings on the water. Yippe

Jay H said:
Anybody planning on going to the Mountain Man Paddlefest in Old Forge, NY:

http://www.mountainmanoutdoors.com/pages.paddlefest/paddlefest.html

Daxs and I and Warren will be there, oggling kayaks and gear and stuff of that nature....

Any good places to camp near there, I don't know if the NY DEC campgrounds will be open there, it is like one weekend before Memorial Day though... I know in the catskills, North South lake, the biggest one in the catskills usually opens a week before memorial day...

Jay

P.S. the weekend after the ADK Paddlefest is the ADK Polka fest. I'm not kidding!
Sounds like a fun show.......I'll put it on the calendar ,Thanks

Carol, Warren and I are probably headed up very early on Friday and going to the show. Then we'll be camping hopefully on one of those free sites either on Fulton chain of lakes of which I got good beta on or perhaps raquette lake if the weather is OK and the winds aren't too bad and we have enough time. Otherwise, we can get a DEC campsite without a reservation at that time of year. Ward, una_dogger, you are welcome to join us at the show or camp for the weekend. If Daxs buys a kayak then we can spend saturday, kayaking someplace serene. All of us have wetsuits of some fashion. I have a 3mm farmer john and I also have a drytop. I'm pretty sure Warren has a wetsuit of some fashion and Daxs has a full one too. Cold weather paddling applies here.

But we'll see what the weather and water temps are...

Jay

Darn!

I can't do those dates, I'll be away....somewhere...yet to be decided....enjoying my post graduation vacation !!!!

Have a great time at Paddlefest -- you *may* spot me backpacking along the shoreline from your serene post-purchase paddlespot in the DAKS!