Have You Ever Been Attacked...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dug

Reaction score
By a know-it-all hiker? You know, verbally assaulted because you:

a) Had too much gear?
b) Had too little gear?
c) Had the wrong gear?
d) Didn't have snowshoes?
e) Had a dog?
f) Hiked too fast or slow?

You know...some sanctimonious piehole who feels there's only one way to walk in the woods? There's a few on here, just wondering if anybody ever took an earful from someone. Makes me think about the gun thread (!)

I'll start. My first backcountry ski trip was into the Gulf of Slides. Wrong skis, and couldn't get up with just wax and a full pack. I got a talking to from some skiers coming down. BUT, in this instance, they were right. I realized after how badly I was chewing up the trail, as much as I tried to stay to the sides.

No, that never happened to me.

I believe most of the these comments are made as soon as I'm far enough so I can't hear them. Isn't it what everybody does (myself included) ??????

Edit : Hey, look how my avatar match my post, nice !

Last edited:
Scarred for life...

When I was about 9 my parents took us to an AMC cross-country skiing workshop & outing. We started at the Pinkham Notch visiters center (or an AMC facility around there, this was about 1970) with a lecture and demonstration by this old european dude in wool knickers. Being young and excited I sat right up front in my ski jacket and...JEANS !!! :eek: ...Well this guy spent a good part of the lecture berating me (as an example) on my choice of clothing for the outing. Now when you're 9 in a situation like this you can either fold up and shut down or spend the rest of the day out-skiing the instructor, which is how I handled it. I can't say I out-skied him, but I certainly wasn't undone by him either. :eek:

Oh, and NEVER admit here that you sometimes hike hard enough to actually break a SWEAT.
"Experienced" hikers don't sweat. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.