Bee Line Trail on Bear Mt. in CT ????

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovetohike

Reaction score
Help! I cannot find this trail. I've hiked all the trails in the vicinity many many times but have not been able to find the Bee Line Trail that runs between Bear Mt. in CT to the AMC Northwest Cabin area. Today I was on top of Bear and explored many of the herd paths heading west off the summit, but all seemed to end up in brush. Then after heading over to Mt. Frissell and the CT highpoint, on my way back I looked for it in the vicinity of the AMC cabin, but ended up on the old charcoal road that hits the AT south of the Bear Summit.

Anyone have some very specific directions?? Thanks.

Wow, it's been about a dozen years since I've hiked there. I did find what I believe to be the B-Line by doing just what you did...following path-like things west off the summit. I got one that kept going and once out of the scrubby blueberry areas and into the woods was reasonably easy to follow but did not appear to be maintained. I also seem to remember that it did come out on the old road shortly before the cabin but I'm not positive about that. My sense at that time was that it was not an "official" trail and I would not be surprised if it has grown over since then.
-vegematic

I looked for that trail last april... Pretty much non-existent as far as I am concerned. On a more positive note, if you take a 270 mag bearing you come out right at the amc hut! A nice way to add a bushwhack for Bear/Frissel Combo. Watch for steep rocks on the way down Bear.

-percious