Rgf1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have

Yeah, Rick the injured hiker from Colorado??

I posted about him a couple weeks back but no one responded to my post.

I did email him privately and he's still recovering from his injuries.

You can send him a private email through the link on his profile.

Sabrina

Sabrina....
I just did a search for your post.....I didn't realize who 'Rick' was when I first read your post a few weeks back.....Do you know the extent of his injuries?

...Jade
Moderators......understand you may want to move this........

Rick the Colorado Hiker

I had not remembered his screen name until I happened across Mr X's post today.

He had some work related injuries, I believe he worked for a state forestry dept doing tree culling and was seriously injured.
He posted quite frequently on this site last summer and I sensed that being part of a hiker community was a real comfort to him during his lay up.

I had been away from this site for some time due to busy life stuff, and when I returned I noticed he was gone and actually I was worried about him.

Rick, if you are lurking and reading this I hope you come back to the group. Looks like some of us are missing you!

Sabrina

I'm going to move this to Trips and Events, since that seems the most appropriate. Get well soon Rick.

-dave-

In RGF1's final posts last November, he scuffled a bit with a few site members. Maybe he got frustrated and decided not to post after that. He last logged in early February although he may lurk without logging in.

I met Rick in March of 2005 while I was coming down from Liberty on the Liberty Springs Trail. He didn't appear injured (at all) then although perhaps his injuries happened later or were not apparent -- I was never able to figure that out.

-Dr. Wu

Rick......
Perhaps you are lurking out there somewhere....if so I HOPE YOU ARE ON THE MEND and soon able to get out to the woods again!
...Jade

I had thought about him as well as he and I saw "eye to eye" on many issues (remember the "habitat" thread discussion we had a while back ?)Unfortunately many here didn't care for his writing style and/or his point of view so he used to get red-squared and abused quite a bit.

I hope he is mending well. I'd be happy to hike with him anytime.

If he does decide to return I hope he gets better treatment.

HI All

HI Yes I am around and Chip and DR Wu are right for a number of reasons. . So I sort of left hoping things would change,
I was seriously injured last august while felling a large tre. My saw a huge Sthil MS 880 with a 3o inch bar and carbide teeth in other word very powerful and dangerous .I hit a spike or large nail in the tree and permanently damaged my neck , my shoulder and right are still hurting I have tow surgeries down and at least two more to go
My MDs all say I am lucky to even be alive. or at least not seriously brain damaged but that I why I wear a helmet and full safety gear. . My Helmet basically save my life and body form even worse injuries

I have been in sugary and Physical therapy for a while I still have a long ways to go. I can carry a daypack but not enough for over night for now. Meaning intentionally staying out tent and all that stuff.

I wandered up Pierce one nice day recently if you sat me i was the guy with a tripod and on a blue pack and a tan baseball hat to keep my head from sunburning.
I still cannot go very far. And do feel a bit unwelcome here. as I have been flamed and red squared simply because a person disagrees with me .
I do read from time to time. I enjoy some posts.
I do wish folks would not mind talking about the west and asking about going there. I am looking for some one for a few hikes in the Elks in July.(If you are interested even if you are only up for a vew day himes let me know in a PM or email .) That is when the wild flowers are out and not coincidentally when MY surgeon says it is ok for me to go further.
I do use a NordicTrack treadmill and weights on my lower legs i can also set it for angles and more resistance .I also use a stationary bile for aerobic strength I thank my sister for giving hers to me
I hope all is well with every one. I plan to try a hike in late April or early May. I would be happy to hike with some one who does not mind a person who is not going to set a speed record. Who understands I am limited as to what I can carry.

I missed winter both in the east and the west I got in a snowshoe up Snowmass Creek on a bluebird day
and one to Greely ponds in the snow that is about it.
Best
Rick

Rick
That was a nasty accident. Glad to hear you are pulling through. Hang in there. Hope you can get back to the trails in a manner that suits you.

Craig

Rick,
Good to hear you're doing well considering your injury.
Best wishes on the continued recvery (and feel free to ask about the west whenever you want, people ask about europe and africa, why not somewhere in the US? It's a pretty well-travelled group of people here, lots of good info to share.)
Take care of yourself.
Josh

Rick's in the house!

Hey Rick!
Glad to hear you are making such great progress in your recovery and you will be able to enjoy hiking and photography in your beloved Rocky Mntns once again this summer!

Welcome back,
Sabrina

Hey Rick, glad to hear you're still out there. I'm sorry about the accident.
If you're ever down this way and want to do some ny/ct/ma A.T., drop me a PM.

Ouch - I had no idea this had happened to you. It's great that you were able to get up Pierce, though, and I hope that's a sign that the healing's going well and continues!