VFTT graffiti

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrey

Reaction score
CrazyDave's Hawaiian graffiti pics reminded me of a spell when VFTTers were making little signs on the trails or summits to announce our passing through. Lest the PC police get upset, I'm sure they were destroyed by the makers...

So, in how many places in the world have we announced our presence? Does anyone have photos? Get out there and take pictures!

Here's one on Wildrose Peak in Death Valley from our trip last May:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/348383363/1348404170070644097MUmawA

Okay, perhaps its not what you had in mind.......... But

-HERE- is how my kids choose to accept thier official 46r certificates at last year's Induction ceremony.

It's as close as I could get. :eek:

It's not VFTT but it's the best darned graffito I ever saw:

(Click for larger image)

Signs of one very happy moose, found on the AT near Spaulding.

From the first gourmet hut trip, at Greenleaf:
sat63.jpg

-dave-

does this one count?

on the large water tank near the bottom of the trail to Mt Equinox, in large letters it says "RIP Darren". I have no idea who put it there or what it refers to, but when we saw it last year we got quite a laugh out of it.

btw, Alpinista, the smiley face on Carrigain was mine. :)

SteveHiker said:
btw, Alpinista, the smiley face on Carrigain was mine. :)

Didn't you on that same hike also arrange the rocks into "RPI" for your alma mater??? Now that's some serious graffiti!

SteveHiker said:
Nope it said that when I got there. I think it was Tom Rankin that did it.

Jeez, I must be getting old, I don't remember if I did that or not!? :eek: :D

I did make '115' in sticks and rocks at the base of Carrigain after 4 of us finished there in 2004.

You are getting old, Tom _ :D _ but you haven't gone senile. Don't believe you were on that particular hike (Poison Ivy's 48th atop Carrigain).

alpinista said:
You are getting old, Tom _ :D _ but you haven't gone senile. Don't believe you were on that particular hike (Poison Ivy's 48th atop Carrigain).

well, I thought it was Tom. I remember asking who did it, and I thought he said it was him. Must have been a PM that I deleted a long time ago.

here's the thread that talks about it:
http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3928

Oh dear, I hope this doesn't evolve into that silly hand signal the folks over at Time for Tuckerman.com use in nearly every picture that is taken of them!!

T

:p :)