Peakbagging lists

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motabobo

Reaction score
Hi everyone !

I am nearing (well, sort of) completion of almost all "recognizable" lists :cool:.
I really like the idea of a certificate and/or patch upon completion. Why ? Because it looks cool...

Any of you could help me out figuring what else there is left for me by completing the following table and/or adding anything relevent ? I've seen info here and there but more than often, nothing about the patch/certificate itself...if you have a picture that would be awesome. Of course, I'm interested of lists in the northeast !

=============================================
-----------------------------------Patch Winter Patch*--
Adirondack 46-ers__________________X________X
White Mountains 4000 footers________X _______X
New England 4000 footers___________X________?
Northeast 115_____________________X________?
New England 100 Highest____________X________?
Catskills 3500_____________________X________X
YMCA Alpine Club 100 Highest List ** _?_______?
Catskills 100 Highest________________?________?
ADK 100 highest___________________?________?
Trailwrights List (NH 4,000 Footers)___?________?
Eric Savage's T3000 List____________?________?
New England Most Prominent Peaks___?________?
52 With a View____________________?________?
==========================================================
* (Patch that is different compared to the all-seasons one)
** (Is this the New Hampshire 100 highest ?!)

Thanks all

The NH Hundred Highest list and the Y-Alpine lists are different. The Y-Alpine list consists of only summits with trails (and I think they aren't necessarily the highest trailed peaks either... I believe some are missing like NE Cannonball.) The NH Hundred Highest, of course, consists of some bushwhacks in addition to trailed peaks.

- Ivy

Motabobo said:
YMCA Alpine Club 100 Highest List ** _?_______?
52 With a View____________________?________? )
** (Is this the New Hampshire 100 highest ?!)
No, it is a list of peaks with trails to them, and no official criterion (that I know of) for inclusion or exclusion. The NH 100 Highest lists (there are, I believe, a few floating around, none "official") follow the criteria of the other 4,000 Footer Club lists (200 feet of prominence).

Eric Savage's list (which seems to have disappeared) has an ambiguous (IMHO) criterion:
# The peak is reached (or very nearly reached) by a reasonable trail or herd path or is easily accessible via a spur path, open ledges, etc.
Many of these lists are briefly described on my Lists You May Never Have Heard Of page.

Mohamed Ellozy said:
The NH 100 Highest lists (there are, I believe, a few floating around, none "official") follow the criteria of the other 4,000 Footer Club lists (200 feet of prominence).

I would swear I saw a patch for this at the 2005 meeting...maybe it was for something else but there was clearly a 100 on it and it wasn't for the NE100.

What about the other lists, any patch, recognition, any other patch different for winter ascents ?

Thanks

So I take it there is no patch for anything listed in the 2nd section of my table ?!

What about the winter patch of the first section ?

Motabobo said:
I would swear I saw a patch for this at the 2005 meeting...maybe it was for something else but there was clearly a 100 on it and it wasn't for the NE100.
There is a patch, and maybe even a winter one, but it is not "official", i.e. a 4,000 Footer Club patch. I also think that there is a patch for the NH 3,000 Footers, again not given by the 4,000 Footer Club.

Motabobo said:
So I take it there is no patch for anything listed in the 2nd section of my table ?!

What about the winter patch of the first section ?

46ers and 3500 both have a winter rocker (small patch that fits under the all season patch to recognize completion in winter)

Edit: oops I guess I didn't understand your * system.

I recently saw a website that had a patch for hiking 12 peaks in the Ossipee mountains, but now I can't find the URL. Anyone?

-dave-

David Metsky said:
I recently saw a website that had a patch for hiking 12 peaks in the Ossipee mountains, but now I can't find the URL. Anyone?

-dave-

Perhaps you mean the Belknaps?

An email I sent to some: (Those who enjoy hiking in the Belknaps might be interested in a patch. I have no affiliation but I did send for one.
http://www.belknapsportsmensclub.com/hiking.htm)

carole said:
Perhaps you mean the Belknaps?
No wonder why my google search was coming up empty. :confused: Yes, that's the one and I thought it was a great idea to explore some lesser known areas.

-dave-

Mohamed Ellozy said:
There is a patch, and maybe even a winter one, but it is not "official", i.e. a 4,000 Footer Club patch. I also think that there is a patch for the NH 3,000 Footers, again not given by the 4,000 Footer Club.
OK, then I'm looking for those "unofficial but widely known" patches. Anymore infos on those ???
That fire tower patch looks very interesting, are there any others (I see there is one for NY but can't seem to find the link).
How about one for plane crashes ? :p
Thanks all for your input.

Winter bushwhack of all ADK 100 highest summits.

There isn't a patch as far as I know but what the heck, imagine the fun. :D

Motabobo said:
Hi everyone !

I am nearing (well, sort of) completion of almost all "recognizable" lists :cool:.
I really like the idea of a certificate and/or patch upon completion. Why ? Because it looks cool...

l

No pun intended but climbing mountains and finishing a list for a patch and/or certificate shouldn't be a reason to hike.

The Schenectady Chapter of the ADK has a patch for the Northville-Placid Trail, which I believe you can either thruhike or section hike. No peakbagging on it, though.