Stablicer sizes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out which size stablicer to get. I have a size 10 hiking boot so their sizing chart says to get a Medium. Hiking boots are larger than normal shoes though so should I get the next size up?

I have Limmer ladies size 6.5 boots and use a W small stabilicers.My husband has size 41(size 8) Birkenstock hiking boot and uses size Men's Small stabilicers. Sounds like Med would fit yours. They have adjustable straps. Call LLBean-they were helpful with my purchase.

I have size 9 Salomon SM Lite boots and stabilicers in size M are the same size as the boot sole.

My boots are about 11.5" long. If a medium stablicer is 12" then that should be enough.

I wear 10 hiking boot. I own two pair of stabilicers (one pair for my son when he hike with me). One pair is large the other is medium. Both sizes work well. I would recommend the medium since they are very secure on my boots but the large also works well. The lenghth can be adjused by which loop on the toe strap you use.

I wear 10.5 size boots. I got the large size stabilicer sports. The were comming off frequently. I wished I had gotten the medium size. The Stabilicer sports now come with a velcro strap that helps with this problem. I called the company and they sent me a set of the straps for free.

My Larges fit OK on my size 10 Limmers--a little big, but I got them to fit my plastics, too. I'm happy with them, and they helped me get down some pretty treacherous ice on the north side of North Carter last Saturday.

When I bought mine I brought my boots into the store and tried different sizes to make sure I got the right fit. I have a size 9 foot and went with the large as suggested by the service person. I would suggest bringing them in if the place you are buying them is close by.

-MEB

I agree -- try them on at the store.

My wife uses a set of mediums for her 8-1/2 pack boots. My recollection is that a size small stablicer will work with size 8 pack boot, but we found a the same boot 1/2 size larger wasn't compatible, owing to strap lengths.

I borrow the same set for my size 9-1/2 summer boots, or pair of large ones for my winter plastic boots (size 10). The Large size is abit too long for my winter boots, but the medium's don't have sufficient strap play - they just barely hold on, and often don't. Not the best thing to have let go...

On my last winter trip, the night before I was tired and hurried through my checklist. I managed to slip one left medium and one right large stablicer into my pack. Imagine my surprise the next day on the trail!

-- LTH

My medium stablicers came today. The mediums fit my boots great. I actually have to use the 1st loop on the front toe part to make the strap smaller. They fit nice and tight and the sole is about the same size as my boot. I can't wait to try these next week!