New Virus Isolated

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Medical researchers at Sky High Institute of Technology have isolated a new virus that infects a small percentage of the population.

Infected individuals have trouble concentrating on their jobs, and spend hours at a time posting non-sense to hiking boards. They frequently feel a longing to climb large mountains.

Researchers have discovered that the virus is rendered harmless as the air pressure drops. Studies have shown that the virus starts to weaken as the sufferers ascend mountains, but exposures to heights of 4,000' or more are frequently required for a complete cure. This has lead experts to refer to the virus as the "4K Virus". Individuals who go on the heights of 5,000' or higher often experience euphoric states, and some are known to have taken hundreds of photographs that they later post online.

If you or anyone you know experience the symptoms of the 4K Virus,

GO CLIMB A MOUNTAIN!!! :D :D

Ok, you probably saw thru my little story, but I've got a bad case of 4K Virus! It's been almost 2 months since I was up on a high peak! :( Does anyone else have the bug ?

Like you would not believe...I have got it bad...and my office is at sea level!

Nothing in March
One small hike in April
Things are looking up - should be going twice in the next 16 days!! Cannot wait to see just how much my body has deteriorated! :eek:

Not only do I have the 4K virus, which hits the hardest towards the end of the week, I have picked up a variant which seems to hit me during the begining of the week. It’s called the VFTT variant, and the only way to satisfy it is to spend all my waking hours reading and posting on a obscure web site called Views From The Top. OK, well maybe not that obscure, but you get the idea. It’s lunch time and I’m sitting here with my sandwich typing this out. (I’ve got it bad.)
Actually, I am happy to report my virus, (or is it an addiction), is under control. I’ve done 3- 4000’ers in the last couple of weeks. Passaconaway and Whiteface pix

Yes, Tom, and I also read today in Nature that the 4K virus undergoes antigenic drift, so there is no hope of developing either natural immunity or a vaccine!!!

What shall we do?? Doomed...we are.

Another virus!

i don't usually talk about this, but maybe my being open will help others. i am sick, i have had this virus for years now, its something i unfortunatly have to just learn to live with. Here is some beta about my problem and some of the best ways to deal with living with it:

There is a dangerous virus being passed electronically, orally and by hand.
This virus is called Worm-Overload-Recreational-Killer (WORK). If you
receive WORK from any of your colleagues, your boss or anyone else via any
means DO NOT TOUCH IT. This virus will wipe out your private life
completely.

If you should come into contact with WORK put your jacket on and take two
good friends to the nearest bar. Purchase the antidote known as
Work-Isolator-Neutralizer-Extractor (WINE) or
Bothersome-Employer-Eliminator-Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote
repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

I heard tell that by moving to the state of Maryland, the virus will mutate causing some carriers to call in sick to work on Fridays and Mondays... :D

I understand there is some debate in the non infected world as to whether it is a virus or mental illness.

jade said:
I heard tell that by moving to the state of Maryland, the virus will mutate causing some carriers to call in sick to work on Fridays and Mondays... :D

Wait a sec! I'm moving to Maryland!!

Maybe I can work this angle...

Cough..cough....crackle....creak...uhhhhhhh...I guess I could probably get away with this, if I weren't moving to Bmore to work at Johns Hopkins!!! I'm sure they'd soon be onto me, what with all those NE airport stickers on my backpack!

Seriously

Obsessive compulsive disorder has been classified as a disability.

The Americans with Disabillity Act requires companies to make reasonable accomodations for individual with disabilities.

The rest is just putting one and two together and streeeeeetching the definition of the word reasonable. :rolleyes: :D