wtb - Touring kayak

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alistair

Reaction score
Does any know of anyone selling a touring kayak cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you too? :)

Do you have any kayak in mind? Composite?
I'm also looking to upgrade and am checking some out at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm not upgrading, this will be my first kayak.
Unfortunately, I know what I want, but can't afford it. I've looked on ebay & NPMB but nothing seems to be in my price range. If your upgrading, will you be selling?

pick up the want ad or uncle henry's swap guide. i bought 2 canoes this way. Also call places that rent canoes, they often sell off the rentals from the year before. The bigger the rental place the better.

alistair said:
I'm not upgrading, this will be my first kayak.
Unfortunately, I know what I want, but can't afford it. I've looked on ebay & NPMB but nothing seems to be in my price range. If your upgrading, will you be selling?
If you don't get what you want now and really get into technical kayaking (the learning curve is short) you will be buying another boat in a year or two just like I'm doing now... :)

I have a Perception Carolina 14.5. Have had it since Fall of '04. It's been great, but since the end of last season I felt I had outgrown the boat. Now I'm looking into Greenland style boats and am checking out a WS Arctic Hawk this weekend.
I wasn't planning on selling the Carolina since it would still have a purpose in my growing arsenal of boats - plus, the Carolina is not really a sea kayak by definition.

ConnYak.org caters more to sea kayakers and has a classified section that you could check out.

There is usually a paddle fest in Inlet or Old Forge in May, if its not happened already. Lets you try out alot of different boats. They often have rentals and demos for sale. Mountainman Outdoors or something like that is the name of the company.

You'd do that for me a fellow Brit? .... even if I am Scottish

What size of zoar do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.