new 14 mile trail in western CT

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
this is interesting if you've run out of trails in the area. Topography would not be bad, a bit less elevation than the AT in CT, but similar ups and downs, woods and ridges. You do need to cross Rt 7, but that's only horrible during rush hour. No camping and you'd have to spot cars at either end; Inhospitable area for hitch hiking back to one car.

http://news.newstimeslive.com/story.php?id=85195&channel=Local&Type=Page1

Yes. We started at Bogus Mountain in Bethel. There were no blazes, but the route north was very well marked with pink ribbon. The route went down to Mountain Pond, and once there, was less well marked. we lost it for a while on Long Ridge Road. The route through Tarrywile was blazed, but the route up Moses Mountain was rough, bushwack with blazes. From the top of Moses Mt down to Rt 7, the route was very nice, but we couldn't pick it up after Rt 7 because of all the road work. We ended up road walking from Rt 7 at Wooster Mt. back to the parking lot on Bennet Farms Road.

this is great, my parents live in CT, and I try to get out to that area to hike when I am at home, with more to explore, I'm happy!

I only wish I'd gotten out there when I actually lived in CT(my hiking tendancies were to go either REAL (under an hour) local or up to the whites),

stupid younger me!