Pop-up screen tent?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waumbek

Reaction score
Avatar: "World's Windiest Place" Stamp (5/27/06)
Has anyone had experiece with "pop-up" screen tents? It doesn't need to have a floor or a rain-shedding roof, just bug-proof netting on sides and top. Minimum dimensions would be about 6' x 6'; 8' x 8' would be ideal. Speed (ease) of set-up (by two or more people) is the critical factor, along with durability. Weight doesn't matter. Application: "lifeguarding" swimmers from it at the edge of a pond w/o being killed by the bugs. It's a drive-in pond.

They exist...

I just opened my new Cabelas catalog last night and looked at them. They are in the tent section I believe. They have both a 6x6x6 foot high and an 8x8x8 foot high. I thought they might be nice to have on the deck during bug season. Check Cabelas.com or the newest "Camping Catalog" that was in the mail yesterday. If I recall they were about $70 and $90 respectively. L

Target has the Greatland Easy-Set Gazebo 10x10 on sale right now for $79.00. We just bought one for use at our campground.

You expand the frame - put on the top - raise it up - then attach the screening - seems like it is quick and easy to set up.

They also have a 9x13 for $99 I believe.

Last edited:
I have one very much like this one.. It's far from the best, but it can be set up and taken down quickly by 2 people and for 30 bucks, how could I go wrong. it's great for putting around the picnic table while car camping. There's not much worse than getting eaten by bugs while I'm eating. ;)

A woman brought one like this to a campground I stayed at once. It took four of us to set it up even though the manufacturer claims it can be done by one person. It had cost over 200 dollars and that evening it came down in a thunderstorm. The "scissor-frame" buckled in two places ruining it. We couldn't even fold it up to get it back into her suv. My cheapy survived the storm and a couple since then.

Yes, I've got one and it is very dorky but oh my gosh what a blessing it is to just flip it open and you've got an instant screen room. Twist twice and it's back in the bag. I carry it in the back of my car during the spring.

I did search the internet for a dark green one- my pride got in the way of flashing bright blue wherever I was.

My daughter has borrowed it to go camping with her infant. Worked like a charm in that case also. People chuckle but they want to borrow it also.

In hot, humid, buggy times it rocks. It's a strictly car camping, travel, house sort of thing. Doesn't weigh that much but it's about 3 ft by 3 ft by 1.5 inches folded up.