bear traps in the woods?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only humane kill is a quick one

Whatever our varied feelings are about hunting, managing resources, culling wild herds, etc., a kill must be quick and traps aren't quick. Bow and arrow is borderline (but not to me) because many arrowed animals run for long distances.

NH_Mtn_Hiker said:
Trapping bear in NH was legal...The trap was in south-western NH on the trappers property. As far as I know Maine is the only state that still allows bear trapping. Leg-hold traps have been banned in several states (and many countries) and I imagine most states will ban them in the future.

Thanks much for the info.

Happy Trails!

Talked to my vets office late last week about his experience with animals caught in traps. They said they see very few animals anymore that have been caught in traps. The number they gave me was 2 in the last 6 years, and not in the past couple. This is in Plymouth, NH. A town of about 6000, and Plymouth State University 4000 students.

Been away for a few days otherwise I would have made my comments earlier....

Let's call this contraption by its real definition....'a killing, maiming contraption set up by a coward who goes about his/her day/week while a defensely wild animal bleeds to death in unspeakable pain possibly while its baby brood starves to death depending on its parent for food and protection'...just my opinion...If I came across such a contraption I would throw a rock at it rendering it inoperable. Legal or not, it's politics, not respect or compassion, that keeps this law in place...

Oops, gotta go, my tofu casserole is ready..... :D
...Jade