CT AT cell phone service

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happyfeet

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is cell service on the AT in Conn at the southern end? I am planning on doing the entire CT section in a few weeks with my son and and having my wife drop us off and pick us up. If there is service, it would make contacting her to pick us up easier. Instead of trying to figure a time in advance. Thanks.

It's spotty. Your best bet is to try to call her from the south facing exposed ridge after "Indian Rock" before you decend to Bulls Bridge. On that ridge you are about 5 miles from the NY border parking on Hoyt Rd. If you can't contact her there, you can always hike east through the covered bridge at Bulls Bridge Parking and use a pay phone at the restaurant. You are then 4 miles from the NY border.

If your wife hasn't been there before you may want to locate the Hoyt Rd Parking on the way up, just so she knows where it is, it's not bad but it can be missed.

Chip,
Thanks. I was thinking about checking out Hoyt Rd ahead of time so she can find it. She would be coming from Windsor so I need to give her a good two hours to get there after I call. I know service is nonexistant in Salisbury so I was hoping it would be better nearer Fairfield County.