Washing Stuff Sacks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgewalker

Reaction score
This morning while airing my gear out I looked at my Outdoor Reseach stuff sack. It had a small odor, but lacked any signs of mildew. I am curious to know if you can put the sack in the wash and which detergent to use. The sack model is the Hydrolight number two, made in 2004. Thanks for the help :)

Ridgewalker,
I usually just put a little water in the sink and use Dawn Dish soap and just gently wash mine. I'd be worried that on the Hydro's either the close flap or the pull cord might get stuck in the agitator or wrapped around other close and damaged. In addition, in the spin cycle, since the sack might fill with water (and it is waterproof) and become quite heavy, it might get damaged via the centrifugal force and the liner could start to delaminate.

I've washed my OR stuff sacks multiple times with no problems.....My OR's are pretty heavy though, I have not had the need to wash my ultralight's....hand wash with woolite maybe?