Sunday June 18th Jefferson, Clay, Washington and Monroe via great gulf - Six Husband

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flounder

Reaction score
Sunday I will be doing Jefferson, Clay, Washington and Monroe via Great Gulf trail, Six Husbands, Gulfside and Boott Spur. (general trip plan; I can email the full trip plan)

I plan to start around 8AM and will likely be moving at a reasonably quick pace. The trip as planned is about 18 miles total but the first 4.5 miles (Great Gulf trail) is almost flat. Six Husbands is a cool trail as it does not turn left, or right... just up.. and has some unique features as described in the white mountain guide.

This should be a real cool trip; if you have never been in the Great Gulf it is a fine approach to any of the big peaks.

I tried this trip in March (2 day trip) and was forced to turn back due to weather (freezing rain and 60+ wind) – Conditions will likely be better this time~!

Drop me a note if you are interested in this trip.

Brian

Brian, sounds like a great trip but don't be offended if you don't get any responses: a lot of people are heading up today for the Pressie Traverse Fundraiser tomorrow and will most likely be nursing swollen feet and dehydrated grey matter on Sunday. ;)

I would be doing the Presi traverse with the group but I have a company cookout on Saturday.

Chip said:
Brian, sounds like a great trip but don't be offended if you don't get any responses: a lot of people are heading up today for the Pressie Traverse Fundraiser tomorrow and will most likely be nursing swollen feet and dehydrated grey matter on Sunday. ;)

And Sunday's Fathers Day.

Chip said:

Nah,
I'm up for a double header! ;) :eek: :D