More Icebox questions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikingfish

Reaction score
Montreal, Qc, Canada Avatar: Top of Gothics, Adk
I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of all this hot weather. Give me my winter / snow back!!

I started reading on igloos again (I had posted questions about the icebox a while ago). I was wondering if anyone had ever used a stove inside an igloo before? I'm not too keen on that idea myself and I was wondering if anyone had ever done a multi-room igloo using the icebox tool? I was thinking of doing a bedroom dome and a kitchen dome (connected by a tunnel, of course!) with more ventilation holes (for obvious reasons). Even if I'd need to clean a bit of blown snow from the kitchen dome in the morning and create a door to make sure the more airated (sp?) kitchen dome wouldn't let cold air into the bedroom dome (making the bedroom dome a "step" higher would help too, since cold air sinks), it'd be pretty good.

I know this would probably need to be constructed in 1 long day or 2 half-days (sleeping quarters on the first day, to survive the night hehe) and require a lot of effort. But I figured if I went to, let's say, the Chic-Chocs for an entire week and spent the night at the winter campground of Mt Albert, it'd probably be more confortable than a tent!

Anyways, ideas / comments would be more than welcomed!

Fish

super interested in this product too and I know there are a few who've used it on this very board. Search the threads i know there has been this topic before.

M