What happened to the Black Brook Trail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSC

Reaction score
The AMC 26th White Mountain Guide, has the Black Brook Trail on its Franconia/Pemigewasset Map. It Connects to the Cherry Mountain Trail, but it is not described in the guide. The 27th Guide, no longer has it on the map, and there is no description of it as well.
Does anybody know if the trail is still there,if it is why is it not in the guide, and if not what happened to it?
The trail looks as if it would connect to the snowmobile trail that comes off of the Zealand Winter parking lot, buy Lower Falls.
Any Help in solving the mystery would be appreciated as I was thinking of heading out that way soon.
Thanks
WSC

Thanks for the link.
I checked out the Lost Trails site. It mentions the trail. I will probally head out there sometime this week to see how far I can get up the trail. I have a good idea of where is begins.
WSC

This is one of those off again-on again WMNF trails like Bunnell Notch, apparently it is in off-again mode. It starts up the obvious gravel road off 302 maybe .2 miles W of Zealand Road. One of the reasons given for closure is logging operations so you have to be sure to stay on the correct path through there, I have no idea how hard that might be.

Last year we kept an eye out for the top end where it meets the Cherry Mountain Trail. We think we found it but it was too wet and rainy to inspire any detailed exploration.
You could probably find the description in the 25th or 24th edition of the WMG (I'll have to check when I go home...)