Fifty Finest Peaks in Moosehead Vicinity, Labor Day Weekend '06

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
Hello, I'm planning on bagging some of the Fifty Finest Peaks in the Moosehead Lake area during Labor Day Weekend. Since some of the roads in that area can be really rough, and in light of my experiences on Maine dirt roads during Memorial Day Weekend this year, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing some of these mountains with me, especially if you have a high-clearance vehicle. My tenative schedule is as follows (please note that this is a four-day weekend for me):

Santurday, 9/2: White Cap, and perhaps some other 3k's in the area (i.e. West and Hay Peaks) or a walk through Gulf Hagas, time permitting

Sunday, 9/3: Saddleback and Big Moose Mountain

Monday, 9/4: The Bakers (depending what conditions are like, but definitely Baker Mountain, and if it's a good day, also Middle and South Peak)

Tuesday, 9/5: Little Spencer and Big Spencer (and perhaps the southwest peak on Big Spencer if it's a good day)

If any one is interested, please post here or PM me.

Thanks, Nate

Last edited:
Just a reminder, this trip is still going forward for Labor Day Weekend. For anyone who has seen Oncoman's recent trip report about his visit to many of these mountains and felt inspired to climb them as well, this is a good opportunity to do so. Anyone who is interested in this trip please send me a PM.

Last edited: