Campgrounds in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob

Reaction score
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be taking the ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. And the next day the ferry from Digby to Saint John's N.B. Looking for campgrounds near these areas...if I get detained indefinitely at the border, it's been nice knowing everybody here.

Bob said:
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I will be taking the ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. And the next day the ferry from Digby to Saint John's N.B. Looking for campgrounds near these areas...if I get detained indefinitely at the border, it's been nice knowing everybody here.

good luck! last month driving to quebec city on my first trip ever out of america i got (well, NOT me, but my van) the royal gloved treatment by canadian border police people. they spent a good 20 minutes going though all my stuff. fun!

reentering america, the US border people just checked my cooler for fruit.

i would have thought it'd be harder to enter the USandA!?!?!

thanks to all...

and thanks to Bob L, will be emailing shortly.

There are some commercial campgrounds around Digby. But these are the RV friendly variety, but if you have a hankering for some miniature golf....

Two I remember are:

Digby Campground is pretty close to the Ferry.

Jaggar's Point Oceanside Camping is in nearby Smith's Cove (but probably 20 minutes or more from the Ferry) - but it is amazing to watch the tides in Smith's Cove.

I can't remember any more primitive camping that would provide easy access to the roads and the Ferry.

Bob, Campobello island has been a favorite of ours for about 6 years now. You can take the ferry from St John's to Deer Island and then catch it to Campobello - I think they are free or very cheap. You can then drive over a bridge into Lubec Maine.

Last edited: