Women short winter sleeping bag

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean

Reaction score
My girlfriend is looking for a short, synthetic, winter sleeping bag.
We looked at all the name brands such as North Face, Marmot, Mountain Hardware and Feathered Friends but nobody seems to make short models.
Anybody got some suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Short meaning how short? A 5' 6" bag shouldn't be too hard to find for a winter bag that may be good, depending upon the occupant.

I think Sierra Designs may have smaller sizes in thier woman's line...

We checked MEC and they have the Thor but it's down. She's looking for -20F to -40F and it's got to be synthetic not down. She doesn't mind the extra weight to have a bag that does not stay wet.
North Face as the Toundra and the Darkstar but they make them only reg and large. She's only 5'1" so she gets her feet cold because of the extra space at the bottom (even wearing down booties).
So there's the dilemma.
I'll check out Sierra Design.
Thanks!

She's only 5'1" so she gets her feet cold because of the extra space at the bottom (even wearing down booties).

If she's wearing down booties and her feet are still cold, the extra space at the bottom may not be the problem. Why not put a warmed up Nalgene bottle of water down by her feet? They would be toasty, and in the AM she would have water to drink.

I"m 5 foot 1, and I"ve had pretty good luck with the North Face bags, even though there is a little "extra" room at the bottom. My feet are always extremely cold as well.

To help keep my feet warmer, I just double up on the socks and wear the pile booties that came with my mukluks to bed. I've also put a hot water bottle at the foot too. I find after an hour or two my feet get very warm and I have to take some of the foot layers off.

Ivy

children's bag

Some stores sell children's sized bags, this may work for you.

Thank you all for the great input. Will pass along to the boss.;)