Tripyramids/Whiteface/Passaconaway: 1-4-04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
7:30am
We arrive at the Pine Bend Brook Trailhead after spotting a car at Downes Brook Trailhead. There is a large AMC group forming there, and we head out just before them. Thom and Andrew are both joining us today.

10:04am
We arrive on the summit of N. Tripyramid. It is a beautiful day! Little windy up high, but temps are only around 30F.

10:34am
We arrive on M. Tripyramid, take a few pictures and keep on moving.

10:50am
We are on S. Tripyramid. We head down the S. Slide to link up with the Kate Sleeper Trail. The S. Slide has quite a bit of exposed rock with snow and ice.

12:20pm
We reach E. Sleeper. Jeffery (who came up the S. Slide) caught up to us around W. Sleeper, and we hiked together to E. Sleeper. He is a lot like us! After chatting awhile, he heads back to the S. Slide and on over the Tripyramids.

1:25pm
Whiteface summit.

3:06pm
We arrive on Passaconaway.

5:23pm
We are back to our spotted vehicle. We took the Downes Brook Slide down from Passaconaway, which is a lot of fun in winter. There was more ice this time compared to when we did it about a month ago. The Downes Brook was also not as high.

45 down, 3 to go...

Thom has 30 down, 18 to go.

Waiting for today's report!!

Wow, Stinkyfeet and Frodo!
Been away for a few days. Larry told me about your remarkable feat, so now I am waiting to read how your adventure was today!Way to go!! I was thinking of my first winter 4's trip up Waumbek, and waiting for Winter to officially begin. I remember shooting off a cap gun right before we started. Those were the days! :) :) :)

An incredible feat! My feet ache just to think of what you folks are doing ... woo-hoo! Good luck on the finish!