Mohamed Ellozy-AMC Profile

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms

Reaction score
Congratulations to Mohamed, he is a featured AMC profile in the September AMC Outdoors Magazine. A nice story about a nice guy! One of our own!

I just received my copy of AMC Outdoors in the mail today. I thought I was a nice story. I have often visited Mohamed's web site and his posts are always helpful. I hope to bump into him on the trail some time.

Go Mohamed! How completely cool--a whole page. And such a nice pic in the toc too.

So funny--the quote about I will NEVER do winter backpacking, because the first (I think) time I met you, we both took the above treeline workshop and you were one of the crazy people sleeping in a tent outside Harvard cabin in well-below freezing temps.

Way to go! :D

Last edited:
"A pleasure shared is not divided; it is multiplied." What a generous sentiment.

I started hiking since 1997, 9 years later I too feel younger and fitter, but still clueless :p

Nice profile in the AMC Outdoors. Good to see he's getting the recognition he deserves. I've used his website quite a bit over the last several years. Truly a great resource. I'm proud to have his name on my NH 4000 footer scroll this year. Thanks again Mohamed.

Paradox said:
It was hit website that really got me re-excited about hiking. Lots of useful information in his site.

I'll second Paradox - Mohammed's website not only got me re-excited about hiking, but introduced me to the White Mountains and the four-thousand footers so that I wanted to see them all. I'm still working on it, and Mohammed's website is one of the resources I check as I plan each trip. He's also one of the VFTTers whose posts I read, on any subject. What a nice tribute to someone who deserves it!

Yup, congrats indeed. I refer to Mohamed's site while planning many of my hikes. I'm glad you're getting the recognition for all of your hard work.

I hadn't seen the latest issue yet, so thanks to DMS for bringing it to our attention. Mohamed's Web site has been invaluable _ and it's a pleasure to see someone as kind and generous as him getting some recognition.

Way to go!!! :D

Way to go!

Mohammed has given so much back to the hiking community that he truly deserves to have an article in Outdoors! His website, along with VFTT and David Metsky's have introduced me to so many friends and so much knowledge - I have only been doing this seriously for a couple of years and I did not feel like a novice for long because of the information these people (and all of us) so freely share.

It was nice to finally meet the man at this years awards dinner. :)

Congrats Mohamed! I haven't read the article yet, but want to
thank you for all the information you have shared with us through
the years. Your site has been most helpful.

Plus it's cool that we have a resident member that experienced the Calvin Coolige presidential office...seriously just bustin them. Mohammed has been a great pillar of the community, sometimes almost to serious, but solid regardless. I think one memory of somthin he did which was great was covering the first Frodo Denali trip. Nice job man!

Mo, congrats!! Good for you!! You continually give to our community, and now it has not gone un-noticed. :)

Mr. X said:
Plus it's cool that we have a resident member that experienced the Calvin Coolige presidential office...
Jealousy is so unbecoming on Mr. X!! :p