Dear Santa,

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradox

Reaction score
Holderness, NH, Avatar: Pine Marten on Mt Field
Okay, shoot me, but I am already putting together an Xmas list. I want a TeleVue 85 telescope/birding scope. I am very excited about taking pictures of other summits at next years Flags on the 48 Memorial.

Anybody have any comments on this or any other telescope, or what hiking gear they have on their wish list?

Paradox said:
Okay, shoot me, but I am already putting together an Xmas list. I want a TeleVue 85 telescope/birding scope. I am very excited about taking pictures of other summits at next years Flags on the 48 Memorial.

Anybody have any comments on this or any other telescope, or what hiking gear they have on their wish list?
I own the Edmund Astroscan, and I brought it with me for Tom (See Flags for full TR). I would not recommend this scope again, unless I was above tree line. It is too small to see over even tiny trees, w/o needing to be propped up. It's also a lot of extra weight. The few views it did afford were really great, for instance being able to nail Carrigain from a great distance. If you bring a scope, make sure you also have some kind of tripod, or at least a monopod, for stability. This makes a HUGE difference! I also brought a DSLR camera with a 300mm lens. Some of my pictures are in the Flags gallery if you want to see how that worked out.