Stony Ledge Mt Greylock

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcloud

Reaction score
Howdy,
I have been wanting to head up to the Stony Ledge across from Mt Greylock for a hike. Have any of you done this trail? Is it a good viewpoint? Looking across from Mt Greylock, it appears to have a good view back to Greylock.
What is a good parking place? I would be driving in from the east. When I go to Adams, I take rte. 116 from the Deerfield area.
Thanks for any help, Eric

Stony Ledge is one of my favorite trails up Greylock... it has fantastic views, I frankly prefer them to the crowded summit.

You park at the Roaring Brook Trailhead, which is off the conveniently named Roaring Brook Road off Route 7. You can make a nice loop heading up Stony Ledge and coming down Roaring Brook if you don't mind walking the campground road.

- Ivy

Thanks for the reply, poison ivy.
I did check my AMC Mass guide and that loop looks like the way I'll go.
Take care, Eric

My favorite Mt. Greylock hike starts at the Hopper trailhead and follows the Haley Farm trail up to Stony Ledge. After walking through the campground, follow the Hopper trail to the summit. From there, continue along the AT (over Mt. Fitch and Mt. Williams), cross Notch Rd. and take a left on the Money Brook trail. Follow Money Brook back to the Hopper trailhead.