New Warren Miller Film Out Soon

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
I just found this information out yesterday, and I know some people from this site are huge fans, so I thought I'd share...

The newest Warren Miller film, Off The Grid, will be showing at several theatres across New England & New York in late October and through November. For the Boston area, you'll have a choice of Somerville, Boston, or Beverly.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Warren Miller films, they are basically excellent documentaries about skiing & snowboarding culture.

http://www.skinet.com/skinet/warrenmiller/0,27203,,00.html

- Greg

Stay Away

I went to see the last Warren Miller film in Portsmouth and all I have to say is: Stay Away! The last film was not even narrated by Warren, and apparently whenever you did hear his voice, it was just clips from his previous films. I have seen and enjoyed a few of his films, but the last one was by far the worst IMO.

I thought Warren Miller retired and his son is running "Warren Miller"? Might explain why the narration is not Warren himself...

Jay

chomp said:
I went to see the last Warren Miller film in Portsmouth and all I have to say is: Stay Away! The last film was not even narrated by Warren, and apparently whenever you did hear his voice, it was just clips from his previous films. I have seen and enjoyed a few of his films, but the last one was by far the worst IMO.

I agree. We have always had a "guys night out" to kind of build the stoke for the ski season by going to the annual Warren Miller showing, but we were disappointed in this one last year. Basically, we decided it would be cheaper and more fun to just watch a bunch of different ski movies at someone's house and have access to food, drinks and a lot of laughs.