What kind of flower is this??

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oswegatchie said:
It is Herb Robert (Geranium robertianum). I have found it as early as late April and it blooms right up until the first frost.

cool...there have been several small frosts and it hit 32 degrees in lebanon yesterday down in the valley...but this was on a 1100 foot ridge in the woods so that's proabably why its the only flower left. they were everywhere. It's a type of geranium? Could it be left over from people who might have lived at this location years past?

grouseking

No, I don't think so. I don't believe this variety has ever been cultivated, and its quite common here in the Catskills and also in the Adirondacks. (I don't get to New Hampshire much). There's also another variety, Geranium maculatum, whose common name in Wild Geranium that blooms from April into early June and is quite similar, except the leaflets are not so finely divided.

grouseking said:
they were everywhere. It's a type of geranium? Could it be left over from people who might have lived at this location years past?
Herb-robert = Geranium robertianum. giveaway is the rounded divided leaves, other geraniums have leaves that are more angular & more like a foot with toes.

It is a native geranium (does just fine w/o us helping), likes relatively rich soil, of which there's a lot in the CT river valley.