46 in Memory of Grace

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rik

Reaction score
HERE is a thread describing an event in it's infancy. The basic idea is a repeat of an event that took place 10 years ago to recognize the 60th anniversary of Grace (Matriarch of the 46ers) completing her 46. Next August (8/26/07) with be the 70th anniversary and there is interest in honoring her memory by putting a climber on each of the 46 peaks that day. Please contact me if interested in participating.

Sounds interesting. I'm having lunch with the 46ers Office Manager and Historian tomorrow and will mention it to him and get his take on it. You never know how the various directors and officials are going to feel about something like this. Great idea as far as I'm concerned!

Doc McPeak said:
Sounds interesting. I'm having lunch with the 46ers Office Manager and Historian tomorrow and will mention it to him and get his take on it. You never know how the various directors and officials are going to feel about something like this. Great idea as far as I'm concerned!

Thanks doc.

HERE is a new thread for sign ups.

if still available, put Karl and me down for Sawteeth

Hi Christine, and everyone,

Here is what I have so far ( as of 10/24/06):

Haystack, Randomscooter
Skylight, Slamdog
Basin, Mavs00
Gothics, C. Tracy
Colden, TFR
Giant, 1Adam12
Nippletop, Arm
Wright, Yvon
Saddleback, Eric
Armstrong, HighonLife (Nancy)
RPR, Dick
Allen, Ajtiv
Big Slide, Rivet
Seward, Joseywalesb
Phelps, Peakbagr
Sawteeth, Ronni (VFTT)
Donaldson, NukedRocket
Emmons, Timmus
Grace, Mike1889
Nye, Neil
MacN, Alpinesummit

As you can see Christine, Allen is "spoken for". I don't see any reason why multiple people can't sign up for the same peak (I'd like to keep this rather informal) but if you want "your own" peak let me know. Should be a fun day.

Rik said:
Hi Christine, and everyone,

Here is what I have so far ( as of 10/24/06):

Haystack, Randomscooter
Skylight, Slamdog
Basin, Mavs00
Gothics, C. Tracy
Colden, TFR
Giant, 1Adam12
Nippletop, Arm
Wright, Yvon
Saddleback, Eric
Armstrong, HighonLife (Nancy)
RPR, Dick
Allen, Ajtiv
Big Slide, Rivet
Seward, Joseywalesb
Phelps, Peakbagr
Sawteeth, Ronni (VFTT)
Donaldson, NukedRocket
Emmons, Timmus
Grace, Mike1889
Nye, Neil
MacN, Alpinesummit

As you can see Christine, Allen is "spoken for". I don't see any reason why multiple people can't sign up for the same peak (I'd like to keep this rather informal) but if you want "your own" peak let me know. Should be a fun day.

AWESOME we are getting a turn out. Almost half way there :)

Doc McPeak said:

Doc,
How did that meeting go?

Very Interested

I recently got my "number" and I would love to partcipate in this event. I met Grace once back in 1997 when some people I knew "graduated" and was very impressed. I would love to help honor her. I have no real preference as to assignment- but I am partial to the "trailless" peaks.

I plan to be traveling around the west next summer, but I will definitely make sure that I am in NYS for this.

Here is the list as of 10/26/06:

1. Marcy, Mavs00
3. Haystack, Randomscooter
4. Skylight, Slamdog
10. Gothics, C. Tracy
11. Colden, TFR
12. Giant, 1Adam12
15. Nippletop, Arm
16. Wright, Yvon
17. Saddleback, Eric
19. Armstrong, HighonLife
21. Hough, Black Spruce (VFTT)
22. RPR, Dick
25. Allen, Ajtiv
26. Seward, Joseywalesb
29. Big Slide, Rivet
31. Phelps, Peakbagr
32. Sawteeth, Ronni (VFTT)
34. Donaldson, NukedRocket
35. Cascade, Prino
37. Carson, Doc McPeak (VFTT)
39. Emmons, Timmus
41. Grace, Mike1889
45. Nye, Neil
46. Couch, Spongebob (VFTT)
47. MacN, Alpinesummit

These are the peaks that have no takers so far:

Algonquin, Gray, Basin, Dix, Redfield, Santanoni, Panther,
Tabletop, UWJ, LWJ, Street, Seymour,
Porter, Dial, Blake, Cliff.

Last edited:
I love Macomb!! As far as I know, I should be able to keep the weekend open - the only thing that comes to mind is a college freshman starting college - but I think that will be history by then!!

Just want to bump this so it doesn't get lost. Here are the peaks that remain without takers:

Gray, Basin, Dix, Redfield, Santanoni, Panther,

If everyone who has signed up could send me a PM or email with your email address I would appreciate it. Eventually, I will be creating a mailing list to send info to climbers.

Last edited:
Rik said:
Just want to bump this so it doesn't get lost. Here are the peaks that remain without takers:

Gray, Basin, Dix, Redfield, Santanoni, Panther,

If everyone who has signed up could send me a PM or email with your email address I would appreciate it. Eventually, I will be creating a mailing list to send info to climbers.

15 peaks left.