EMS upgrade your gear day-Oct 19-22

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Peterborough store currently has 50% off Women's clearance clothing and 50% off clearance gear including packs. I picked up a 1.5l hydration waist pack for $10(orig. price $59).

In the Poughkeepsie store a few weeks back they started to put out all sorts of stuff with big discounts... I ended up buying three Russian made (I forgot the company) Ti ice screws for climbing for $7bucks each... Now I don't have to cringe too much if I need to leave a screw behind if I have bail off something.

I went to the EMS in Conway yesterday and bought Mountain Hardware Windstopper Tech jacket and another poly t-shirt for $153. It normally sells for $185. Everything in every store is 20% off through Sunday. There were dozens in the store shopping and purchasing.

It's not hard at all to get 10% off stuff, and even 20% if you are willing to wait a little while. If you are not already on their e-mail list, you should be -- they send discount offers all the time. Like recently they sent me an offer -- 20% off any single item in the store, except you could print 100 coupons if you wanted to. I wish I was in the market for a kayak or something when that coupon rolled around! If I ever decide I need a tent or sleeping bag, or plastic boots or any other big-ticket item, I'll be waiting them out!

Tim
p.s. They have forms in the store, or you can get there via http://reg.cheetahmail.com/regp?aid=171895570&n=100

I scored the EMS Velocity overbag for winter... Originally $250, marked down to $132, marked down again to $62... It was suppossed to have been bumped back up to the $132 price the day before the 20% off sale, but someone forgot to do it; lucky for me... The manager gave it to me for the $62... I did not complain that I did not get another 20% off, I got it for a steal...

The bag looks like it will be a nice Spring/Fall bag in of it's self... I'll be heading out overnight this weekend and will test-drive it... May bring along my Marmot Trails bag to use inside of it to add a few degrees of warmth as well. My only gripe? That thing is loooooonnnngggg... Something like 7'9" long, I could throw a party in it! I may have to put a keg-a-rator and some bar stools in it for those long winter nights. :D

Also, got to meet Dawn(hikethe115) from here as she was poking around the Poughkeepsie EMS store as well...

Catch you all on the Trail...
Kevin

I scored a Gregory Forrester last year's EMS club day, it was like $150 on clearance and I got 20% off on top of that... Wasn't even planning on buying anything but it came in handy on the big trips I did this year...

Jay