WMNF parking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadRiver

Reaction score
When do they usually close the WMNF parking lot along the access road to Washington? I'm doing an overnight to Crag Camp and want to hike the ridge back to my car.

I am a little confused? what road? Base road/Ammo Jewell Lot?

Where are you parking your car initially?

If thats one one - then it think they gate it when the snow comes. I did the ammo trail last nov and it was open. Assuming the cog is doing the ski train again - the road should be plowed all winter.

The WMNF lot on the right just before you reach the Cog parking lot. The lot that connects to the Ammonoosuc Trail.

ok - thats the one I talk about above. That would be a nice hike if you have good weather for sure.

Just wondering - when are you heading up? this week or later in the year?

I'm heading in Saturday morning, dropping the car at the WMNF lot and then heading to Lowe's store, where my friend will leave his car. We will hike up to Crag and spend the night. My friend will then hike down Sunday morning to his car while I hike the ridge to my car.

I usually hike in on Friday to avoid the crowds, but I just starting working at PSU so I do not have any vacation time as of yet. We should be there early enough to grab a spot.

thanks tom - I missed that thread. thats good news.

madriver - have fun, you should have a great weekend!! That plan sound great :)

though - there is one weekend in october that is a canadian holiday - and I think the RMC gets a bit a traffic. not sure what weekend that is? I think it might be the first oct weekend.

Thanks,

Oct 10th was Canada's Thanksgiving. Their calendar looks clear for this weekend.

MadRiver said:
The WMNF lot on the right just before you reach the Cog parking lot. The lot that connects to the Ammonoosuc Trail.
If you're talking about the Ammonusuc Ravine Trail parking lot, I expect it will get closed as soon as it needs plowing...maybe Mother Nature will chime in with an exact date. :rolleyes: :D