Everest: Beyond the Limit. Starts 11/14 on Discovery Channel

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
Saw a blurb about a new show starting on the Discovery Channel on 11/14. Here is the info from the WEBSITE :
Everest: Beyond the Limit

Six episodes premiere Tuesdays, Nov. 14 - Dec. 19, at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

This year's climbing season on Mount Everest was one of the deadliest on record and also one of the most controversial. In April and May 2006, the Discovery Channel documented Mount Everest summit attempts by climbers in veteran guide Russell Brice's expedition, who is based on the mountain's northern face, in Chinese-controlled Tibet.

Using cutting-edge technologies, including high-altitude video and small cameras mounted to Sherpas' helmets, as well as old-fashioned human determination, the six-part production not only puts viewers on the summit of Everest, but also captures the amazing journey of individuals striving to reach an almost impossible goal.

The series documents the two-month expedition from start to finish, highlighting the struggles, highs, lows and triumphs as people from around the world attempt to reach the world's tallest peak.
There is also an interactive game on the website that allows you to "join" and expedition to the summit. It is supposed to have some interesting video content.

Last edited:
Jim Gagne, first New Hampshire native to climb Everest and the Seven Summits, will also be featured on this program. He came down with a severe case of the Khumbu cough and ended up dropping down from basecamp to town to recover. Luckily Jim bounced back strong and was able to climb Everest.

Thank you for posting this. I love anything relating to the "big walls" and will record it.
At last....something of substance to watch of TV!!!

Great sounding series!

Thanks, for telling us about it. I will record it on our Direct TV. The Discovery Channel has some great programs. :)

Allright! Everest, Cash cab and UFC. Man, Discovery channel is the best! :D

The Discovery Channel is awesome right now! They have "Survival Fridays" too, with "Man vs. Wild" and "I Shouldn't Be Alive". Watched both last night and they are pretty cool.

sleeping bear said:
The Discovery Channel is awesome right now! They have "Survival Fridays" too, with "Man vs. Wild" and "I Shouldn't Be Alive". Watched both last night and they are pretty cool.

Yes! I caught these two last night--interesting how both episodes took place in Moab, but one guy was fighting the heat and the other two guys were fending off hypothermia.

I'll be watching the Everest series as well. I am thinking of creative ways to integrate clips of these shows into my AP bio class...I should be able to make some links to the study of human physiology if they include some science/medicine in the show:)

I just hope they have that great Audio again...EVEREST... Everest....everest....