Frodo Makes the Wires

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miehoff

Reaction score
Don't know him personally (Frodo), but I have seen his posts, and I saw that he was in the paper today. Not sure what the guy means by "kooky." I say we all march into the Globe and smack Roche with our snowshoes.

Here is all it says:

GRAND SCALE: Another kooky but increasingly popular outdoor activity is winter "peak-bagging" -- climbing all the mountains in a particular state. Last Tuesday morning at 5:30, Sue Johnston of Waterford, Vt., and Robert "Frodo" Williams of Wilmington, Mass., both 38, achieved what they think is a record. The pair climbed all 48 4,000-foot mountains in the state of New Hampshire in 10 days, 22 hours, and 37 minutes. "It went better than we thought it would," said Johnston. "We had originally planned on 12 days."

Scroll down for article:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2004/01/11/an_icy_dip_for_a_cause/

We are all kooky. It's just a matter of perspective and degree. From my perspective, Frodo and Stinky Feet rate pretty low on the kooky scale but quite high on the incentive, persistance and distinction scales.

sounds like.........

the media is finally printing some news worth reading!!

Now they just gotta get the lingo right - it's not kooky, it's kewl!

Rock on, Sue and Frodo!!!

Just think, all that work for your "10 minutes of fame." :D

Well, like stopher says, we're all kooky to some degree...let's hear it for Kookiness! woo hoo!

My ski gloves are kooki... OOPS, I just checked and it's actually KOOBI, not KOOKI, but hey, what's a letter amoung friends...

And to think that Hobbits do it all in bare feet! :)

Jay

Let's hope they consulted whoever it was that was complaining about following "the rules," or they'll have to do at all over again.

(I'm being facetious.) My congratulations as well — and now the gauntlet has been thrown down. Tim Seaver?

So, this Roche thinks y'all should sit in front of the TV and grow beer bellies like normal people?

Congrats again to Frodo and StinkyFeet.