return of the suck

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giggy

Reaction score
yea - I am bitching - same suck as last season...............

from tuckerman.org

I'm beginning to believe "Rain Ranger" is a more appropriate job title as the steady accumlations of liquid precipitation continue. Another 1.44" (3.65cm) in the past 24 hours brings the week totals to 4" (10cm). Couple with this are balmy banana belt temperatures. As I type at 5:30am it is 61.5 degrees at 1600ft and 48 on the summit of Washington. These warm temperatures and rain have certainly pushed the reset button as the mountain looks more barren everyday.
stole the return of the suck slogan from some guys on summit post - what a great saying.

can I get a community "sonna of B"! :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes, but on the bright side, my lawn looks better than it has all year and its mid November.

Ok, its not really bright……..

I got one word for you whiners...WAAAAAAA! :D :D

I guess I'm getting a bit sick of the rain too....my yard is looking so nice a couple of mallards have taken up temporary residence behind the garage. Oh, if this were only snow......

-MEB

Happened last year too...record snowfall in October, and nothing in November. Heck, nothing really major during the winter either. I hope this isn't a trend. By months end we'll all be blaming El Nino.

grouseking

No snow on the way, but at least the balmy weather is on it's way out.

Mount Washington Forecasted temps for the next week.
High Low Saturday:
21°F 15°F

High Low Sunday:
19°F 9°F

High Low Monday:
15°F 11°F

High Low Tuesday:
13°F 9°F

High Low Wednesday:
23°F 22°F

High Low Thursday:
35°F 24°F

High Low Friday:
31°F 25°F

Carter Notch Hut
3,288 feet 52 °F
(11 °C) 53 °F
(12 °C) 47 °F
(8 °C) 0" 3" of rain fell in the past 24 hr. trails are wet with running water
Tuckerman Ravine
3,800 feet 53 °F
(12 °C) 57 °F
(14 °C) 46 °F
(8 °C) 0" 3.3" of rain fell in the past 24 hr. Trails are wet and muddy.

This upslope rain event has left the Whites near record rainfall this year. With a period of cold air coming tonight through wednesday, it looks like ice will become a major issue. -Mattl

Get yourself to a waterfall…or…

better yet it is a great time to do trail work.

Getting dirty is so much more fun. The waterbars are filled with leaves, the trails are littered with windfall, and it’s the best time to see where the water needs to be diverted off the trail or if it is a streambed that is clogged and spilling over onto the trail. Prepare them for the snow. There are many ways to enjoy the forest!!

Enjoy it!

When you get to be my age, you will no longer obsess over the weather, you are happy just to be able to experience it!!

I'm with you... I don't want to be drytooling all winter long.

I'm glad I got at least one day of skiing done before all this major thaw.

giggy said:
yea - I am bitching - same suck as last season..........

Actually it is the "FAN EFFECT "....It blows on one side and sucks on the other! :mad:

Winter will come. Today I enjoyed the afternoon off and went for a nice hike in shorts and t-shirt, tracked some moose, saw a huge hawk being chased by blue jays, leaves rustling underfoot. Love autumn! What's the hurry?

Happy Trails :)

On the bright side of things......

I agree, the rain is getting old!
BUT, It could be the makings for a memorable ice climbing season, with lots of new routes, if old man winter co-operates! :D

I'm hoping that this water running down the mountains will soon freeze and more water running over it will build more ice! The ice tools, ropes and crampons are ready and waiting.

I took the dog out for a walk earlier. I was wearing just a light sweatshirt but I was sweating bullets! The warm and muggy weather feels like July!