Twins and Galehead tomorrow (Sunday)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flounder

Reaction score
I plan on doing the Twins and Galehead on Sunday. It would be great to get a car spot. If anyone is interested in doing this trip let me know. I'll be at the head of North Twin Trail around 8:15 / 8:30 (via Boston)

Flounder,

Last weekend, the river crossings on the N.Twin and Gale River trails were challenging. With the recent rain and accompanying snow-melt, the flow may be even greater.

Good luck.

Roland

I crossed the Little River (highest crossing only) on Saturday morning and again on Sunday afternoon. Saturday we used a fallen tree as a bridge over the deeper section (only after another party went first -standing up!- and even took our packs across for us) - I still almost lost my balance when my feet dipped into the current. Sunday was lower -less than knee deep if you picked your spot-, I hustled across in gaiters and rain pants while my partner took the log bridge again.

I was with Brian, and while he and the others in our group just barely made it across, I had to go up the side of the river to avoid the crossings, my legs were too short to make it across the rocks, as I am only 5'3".