New Bean Commercial

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he guy? (actor?) doesn't do too well shoveling.
Ooooh, I missed that part - not too much experience doing that down here, hehe. I did oil the teak pool furniture today though. After checking out the 73F four foot glassy swells (yeah, i know, i know, you got 12 foot and 81F - Darren) :D

Haven't seen the TV ads but I've seen the magazine ads with pics of observatory crew clearing the rime ice from their stuff.

sapblatt said:
saw it today during a late football game on CBS - interesting, but is it true?
Is what true? Yes, Beans outfits the staff up there. I don't think there are any actors involved, I think that was the staff clearing the instruments.

-dave-

Yeah, I saw it. I could almost hear my father admonishing him to clear it all the way to the corners ("side to side, end to end!"). How long do you think it took him to do the rest of "the driveway"?

Good video.

Mt.Washington ... Or not ??

From the Mt. washington forum

"Snow.

I'm sure my flubbed grammar didn't help anybody solve the riddle. Most years, Tuckerman Ravine is filled with snow well into summer. That's because high West winds blow it off the summit. The commercial shows a man shoveling chest-high snow. Snow never gets that deep on the summit, drifts notwithstanding. Since the snow in the commercial looks fairly consistent, it probably wasn't filmed on the summit.

That and the fact that no one shovels within sight of any office windows."

EC.....

David Metsky said:
I don't think there are any actors involved, I think that was the staff clearing the instruments.
Reading the thread on the Obs forums, I'd say my assumptions were wrong. :(

I like the commercial but almost definitely not shot on the summit - commercial begins with a crane shot over the guy shovelling and I don't see how you could get a camera crane (plus camera crew and support and catering, etc, etc.,) up to the summit in those conditions - easier and cheaper to build a mock-up somewhere else - either a studio or more accessible location - filming done around Vancouver maybe?

Hey, if Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket" was all shot on the London Docklands (true!) then I'll believe they can do anything. :)

When has anyone seen snow that deep on Mt Wash summit?

There is a hint in the Mt Wash forum to think global. That to me suggests that it was filmed in South America or some such place.

Doug

I never really looked at the back side of the building hard so I don't know if there are windows there. I don't remember seeing any of those types of windows on the back side. But it doesn't look like the front side where the Cog ends. So it's either not Washinton or a mix of photos of Washinton added in.

Probably by someone in NY who never went up to Washinton. :)

I can't reveal my sources...but...let's call them "reliable."
The outdoor shots were shot in Argentina. The tower and buildings were added later. Also, the dude inside sipping his java is not inside the actual Observatory. (Anyone who has been up there, could have called this.)

Regardless of "accuracy," it's great exposure for the Observatory. Hopefully, they can captalize on it.

Gris said:
- not too much experience doing that down here, hehe. I did oil the teak pool furniture today though... :D

Hope you didn't get any oil on your Baxter State Parka