Happy Thanksgiving

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
A Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving to All!
Looking forward to reading all those cool trip reports..

I'm attempting to take a few of my daughter's friends on a short hike in NY Harriman State Park on Saturday...I have a few injuries but with some common sense and a little luck the kids will have an exciting trip.....they will probably have more fun on the carosel and ice skating....take care

We'll be having a good ole' fashioned Thanksgiving, you know ... the kind where you hop into the '94 Hikermobile (w/ brush guards and battle scars) and go over the hills and through the woods to Grandma's house where we will go out to a nice restaurant to eat. We'll listen to Alice's Restaurant for the 4,876th time and pretend we're on the Group W bench while we wait for our reservation to come up.

After that we'll go back to Grandma's house where we'll pore over 32 glossy 8x10 photos of past family convictions and then go home and sleep it off. The following day we will rake up the 14 tons of leaves accumulated in our yard plus the 23 tons which blew in from our neighbors' yards plus another 12 tons that blew in off the street. We'll pile these leaves in one place where they will compost and after another 45 years of this we'll build our own ski slope on the compost pile.

Yep. Another good ole fashioned Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to you all, too, and remember to be thankful for all the things we have ... including those 3 billion years old compost heaps we call mountains.

Happy Thanksgiving to all on VFTT. It looks like the weather forecast (plenty of rain :( ) won't allow for a morning hike. Oh well, plenty to be thankful for. Enjoy this special holiday.

Last edited:
A very happy thanksgiving to all here on VFTT. I will be keeping the holiday at my house with the family, a nice intimate one. There are many things I am thankful for and that is to be in good health, my life, choices made, my family, church, and grateful to have the privilage to live. Blessings to all of you to spend time with our loved ones.

Ridgewalker

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm planning on cooking a huge dinner, then a mid-afternoon hike. From the kitchen to the living room, onto the sofa, for a tryptophan-induced nap. Then off to work. Be thankful for what we have, work hard for what we want. :)