Updated Trailwrights list?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
A post elsewhere by Max about NW Hancock states:
I've never really looked at this one before, but I heard it may get added to the Trailwrights as a new summit on their list.
I had always believed that the Trailwrights list, like the ADK 46, was cast in stone. I also saw a trip listing in the Outdoors that claimed that NW Hancock had been added to the list.

The Trailwrights site is not very useful, all it has on their list is a pointer to my site :(

Does anyone have any hard information, and even better an updated list? Has Wildcat D replaced Wildcat E on their list? Any other changes?

I've have only heard it through others that have done the list that NW Hancock is replacing Middle Hancock. So NW here I come.

NW Hancock has replaced Middle Hancock on Trailwrights list

Today I got an email from Dan Blanchette, the hiking chairman for Trailwrights, which states that:
... we did add NW Hancock..we removed Middle Hancock, and as of 1JAN04 all applicants must hike NW Hancock.
I am not working seriously on the Trailwrights list, but hope to do this one as it is the only former New England 100 Highest that I have not climbed.

I had read the AMC trip listing and raised my eyebrows, but did not give it any further thought at the time. It was Max' post that made me want to investigate in more detail, thanks, Max!